Soundcard HELP

This is a discussion on Soundcard HELP within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well unfortunately somehow i screwed up my onboard soundcard im not quite sure what happened but here was the scenario ...
Page: 1

oOapplesOo

Well unfortunately somehow i screwed up my onboard soundcard im not quite sure what happened but here was the scenario i wanted to record in real time and since i only have an onboard soundcard the latency gets all shitty when i use effects for something like guitar so there is a delay. so i though that i would hook up the head of my half stack to my computer via the mic jack plus my guitar into my head and then plug headphones into my the amp head the second i plugged my head in to the mic jack there was a high pitched fuzz. that fuzz i assume was the frying of my soundcard i was curious if anyone knew a cheap rig to fix my situation and is it hard to install a soundcard thanks for reading this -Pete

evilwevel

installing a new soundcard is no harder then installing a new video card. you just have to slide it into a free pci slot and you're done (you'll have to install the drivers as well ofcourse).