Knights is not working for me

This is a discussion on Knights is not working for me within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey guys, I hope i can get some help here because I have no idea what to do. This is ...
Page: 1

tyrantowns

Hey guys, I hope i can get some help here because I have no idea what to do.

This is the message I get when i start KO up.

I know it has something to do with my gfx card and my monitor; my computer doesn't recognize my Dell monitor.

It just says "Default monitor" :

Do I need more RAM?gfx card? Or am I making some nub mistake?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mjollner

the default monitor doesnt matter, very few monitors actually have drivers. what card you got? try installing the latest drivers for it, and make sure you have directx installed, and configured

FisherySociety

Default monitor doesn't actually mean anything other than the fact that its the monitor plugged in. As pandragon said though it is most likely your directx drivers make sure you update them.

if it didnt help you, make sure u have new display drivers

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

last time i had that. i needed update drivers. other thing make sure u have direct x :P

mjollner

knew someone had it before, just couldnt find the topic :P

Banned

Yeah, my brother had same problem on his computer before. Download latest drivers for GFX card and DirectX. Good luck

tyrantowns

How do I find out which gfx card I have?

mjollner

right click my computer -> properties -> hardware -> device manager, and it will be listed under display adapters

tyrantowns

I don't think my computer recognizes gfx card, or I am just choose the wrong one.

Help :S

mjollner

thats the right one and that explains the problem, you need to open up your machine and have a look at the card, if you dont have a graphics card, and it is onboard download your mboard drivers, they should include the graphics card

tyrantowns

I got it man, thanks.

Is directx 9.0c the latest direct x?

I still lag for a good 5 seconds when opening my inventory or even fighting an enemy...

mjollner

yea 9c is the latest, and that is a seperate issue, or just not good enough hardware ^_^