What is wrong with my computer?

This is a discussion on What is wrong with my computer? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok so, i got a brand new CPU,Motherboard, and rams; pentium dual core with 2.00 Gb of rams anyways, everytime ...
Page: 1

simple182

Ok so, i got a brand new CPU,Motherboard, and rams; pentium dual core with 2.00 Gb of rams

anyways, everytime i run my games such as KO or my most played games like those free korean FPS, and just recently tested team fortress 2, after like 10-15 mins of playing(sometimes randomly later or earlier) it pops out this "instruction 00x12345 cannot read memory 7xA40234" and such and when i press ok, it eithers exit the game, or alot of time, goes to the blue screen of death for like 1 sec and restarts my computer..

can anyone help me out?

sounds like something is overheating

Banned

Have you checked the event viewer?

Definitely sounds like a hardware issue. (Although virus's can cause BSOD) My guess is the Memory could be either bad/not compatible with your current Mobo. Use a standalone memory diag tool like http://www.memtest86.com/#download0

If you have 2 or more sticks of RAM installed, try removing 1 or more and test multiple configurations. *if you have 4 sticks and run dual channel, remove 2, test - replace with other 2 and test.

Video card are you using? Could also try downloading/installing the latest video drivers.

Also, what size is your PSU? Do you have the 4pin molex connector plugged in? Could have too low of amperage for your machine too.

simple182

Have you checked the event viewer?

Definitely sounds like a hardware issue. (Although virus's can cause BSOD) My guess is the Memory could be either bad/not compatible with your current Mobo. Use a standalone memory diag tool like http://www.memtest86.com/#download0

If you have 2 or more sticks of RAM installed, try removing 1 or more and test multiple configurations. *if you have 4 sticks and run dual channel, remove 2, test - replace with other 2 and test.

Video card are you using? Could also try downloading/installing the latest video drivers.

Also, what size is your PSU? Do you have the 4pin molex connector plugged in? Could have too low of amperage for your machine too.[/b]
    I tested my video card on "Video Card stability test" left it for an hour and it was fine, my PSU,380w, has enough to run my comp, made sure, a brand new one to,

thing is, one of my fps games i play, bbefore going to blue screen or crashing the game, it turns the game into like blocks, like the words would be all box and you cant read anything, the map would look completely messy and different, but then i ALt+ tab out and go back in, and its normal again until i "exit" the game, 80% of the time, it restarts my comp. Im guessing somethings wrong with my memory. bought all these new stuff in a combo

OS im using is Windows XP 32 bit but i can easily change to Windows xp 64 bit if the OS is the problem
    I also overclocked my computer, could that be a problem?

evilwevel

I also overclocked my computer, could that be a problem?[/b]
    have you used any programs for this that have easy settings (such as "normal", "pro" etc.) ? because i've had problems in the past with the program that came with my motherboard. the voltage it had set for my video card was fucked up causing me to lag in some games.

try setting everything back to default in the BIOS and see if that changes anything.

simple182

Thanks guys, found the problem, overclocked it wrong :P

thanks all