Wireless problem w/ Windows xp

This is a discussion on Wireless problem w/ Windows xp within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I got my laptop back today o/ but now I have a problem with my wireless connection. OK anyway, I ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default Wireless problem w/ Windows xp

I got my laptop back today o/ but now I have a problem with my wireless connection.

OK anyway, I have a small network at home:

Main PC
    Laptop
    Xbox

I had to reciently reformat the Main PC, and lost all my network settings.
    The main PC has Internet Connection Sharing and features a wifi adaptor (not DS one) and a ethernet card. The Laptop used to connect to the pc via wifi, and the xbox was connected by eithernet card. Before I formatted, all 3 of these could work at the same time, using net access from the main pc. However, I tried setting this back up today using ICS in Winblows xp, and for some reason, the wifi doesn't work, at all. However, the xbox can connect to the net fine. Also, If I only share the internet to the wifi only, it works. When it is shared to both the wifi and ethernet (network bridge), only the ethernet works. You can't even ping the laptop!

I've tried many things, and i'll be grateful if someone can help me fix this, because I'd really like all 3 devices to be connected at the same time, Thanks ^^

Banned

Default Wireless problem w/ Windows xp

I got my laptop back today o/ but now I have a problem with my wireless connection.

OK anyway, I have a small network at home:

Main PC
    Laptop
    Xbox

I had to reciently reformat the Main PC, and lost all my network settings.
    The main PC has Internet Connection Sharing and features a wifi adaptor (not DS one) and a ethernet card. The Laptop used to connect to the pc via wifi, and the xbox was connected by eithernet card. Before I formatted, all 3 of these could work at the same time, using net access from the main pc. However, I tried setting this back up today using ICS in Winblows xp, and for some reason, the wifi doesn't work, at all. However, the xbox can connect to the net fine. Also, If I only share the internet to the wifi only, it works. When it is shared to both the wifi and ethernet (network bridge), only the ethernet works. You can't even ping the laptop!

I've tried many things, and i'll be grateful if someone can help me fix this, because I'd really like all 3 devices to be connected at the same time, Thanks ^^