Stationary problems

This is a discussion on Stationary problems within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; If anyone has any idea for WHY my computer is crashing, let me know. Some info; OS: Windows XP, Intel ...
Page: 1

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Default Stationary problems

If anyone has any idea for WHY my computer is crashing, let me know.

Some info;
    RAM: 1.5 GB
    HDD: 200 GB
    Graphics Card: Geforce FX 5500 256Mb

Basically everything was working perfectly fine 4 days ago.. Out of nowhere, my PC just got stuck while I was pking and I was like, oh.. PC fucked up, so lets just reboot it.. I rebooted, went to pk again and I started to notice that my PC got stuck all the time during gametime for no reason. Obviously I assumed my graphics card (old and crappy as it is) had broke but then I saw that my PC even got stuck during bootup or regular PC usage.

I also started noticing I would get blackscreens out of nowhere, and that my PC would even get stuck/have black screen during bootup (when the BIOS info is shown, etc) so I have NO idea wtf is wrong specifically.

I've done a system restore, scanned my PC for viruses, used mostly every computerscanning tool there is to check for errors in ANY of my components without luck.

I haven't installed anything new recently (Maybe a flash player update version 10.2 or smth like that I THINK) so yeah... Any ideas?

I know what you can do.

Buy a new PC.

No problem...

I would BUT I just feel its pointless seeing as I mostly just use my stationary for playing KO... I use my laptop mainly for studying seeing as I use it at home and at school.

Banned

I'm 90% sure it is ur CPU temperature.

Go in ur BIOS menu click "Hardware monitor" and post ur CPU temperature here.

If this confirms to be the issue, just take the cooler out put some tooth paste or buy the thermal one and put it in the cpu and than the cooler.

If it isn't the temparature it could either be this new patch that require something better than that very old pc (i actualy wonder how u can play ko with that) or it could be ur graphic card damaged.

My tempeture(s) are all around 50 degrees, so it should be fine... I've tried putting my graphic card under stress using ATITool but everything worked, more or less, fine, there were no artifacts found.

Banned

ok.. it is your power suply or graphics card fucked up no doubt.

That's the thing.. if it was the power supply, I'd guess the screen would go black incase the graphic card didn't get enough power, and if it was power suply.. I looked into it aswell, and everything is working fine there aswell. As far as I could see, all of the items got enough power they needed, so I'm still at box #1.

Might be the power-suply, I've tested EVERYTHING else and there's not a single problem in the HDD, CPU, graphics card nor RAM -> Must be the damn power-supply I guess...

Any idea what I should do in order to confirm this, besides getting a new power-suply and testing it out?

Banned

yes, try runing alot of stuff at the same time without ko and see if it reboots

It's either the power-supply or the graphic card, I'm guessing the graphic card for now.

Btw, get the fuck on vent.. I want to talk to your wife about our shower...

Update: It was the power-supply!

too much tbl minoring vicky you know that

Shh, don't let them know aq

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    Shh, don't let them know aq
    finaly we know the truth biber

Aqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq!!!!