Still having problems with dual core proc

This is a discussion on Still having problems with dual core proc within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Still having this problem with new computer. Old computer, np. New dual core computer, after 30 mins, game speeds up, ...
Page: 1

Freh

Still having this problem with new computer. Old computer, np. New dual core computer, after 30 mins, game speeds up, buff and other icons fade before they actually go (so can't rebuff, clear buffs, and don't know when buffs are going), skills cool down graphically before they are cooled down in reality, so I cast and it uses mp, but skill doesn't work. Plus, I think I end up moving faster, which will probably result in some sort of ban, even though I have no, and have never used a 3rd party tool.

Any advice to fix this problem appreciated. Thanks.

Schfifty5

someone else had this problem and it was suggested slowing something on your PC, not sure what tho, have a look through the search. ur comps too fast for KO =)

Schfifty5

someone else had this problem and it was suggested slowing something on your PC, not sure what tho, have a look through the search. ur comps too fast for KO =)

Freh

bumping this old topic cause it's still a problem.

problem:
    game speeds up, buff icons fade before buffs gone, can't clear to rb, don't know when going.
    skills animation cool down fast, but can't cast, so skill fails and new cool down starts.
    everything is moving faster, including me.

facts:
    all programs shut down, virus, firewall, etc.
    KE running on dual core proc computer.
    never had, have, or will have 3rd party programs on computer.
    if i relog game, problem still exists. if i relog computer, it goes away, but as ke is now, often i can't get back into game.

any guesses on how to fix this problem are appreciated :P

Ash

KO is not coded so it will work with dual cpu, so:
    Start KO, pres Ctrl+Alt+Delete, go to processes, find KnightOnLine.exe process, right klick it, and unmark a cpu core, so it just runs on one.
    That should help you

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Yup, KO's coding sucks. With my old comp I had like 20 fps and after playing 2 hours the fps was 4 to 10 and I had to reboot my computer. Same goes with my dual core but the opposite way
    Like Ash told you just make KO run with only one core and it'll be alright.

Goofy

This is not right. I am running ko on Core2Duo, on an overclocked mobo with the processor even more high than normal.

Ko runs smoooooth with the dual core on, no problems in game.
    Ok the loading screen runs like hell but, who cares, ur not ingame.

I cant understand why u'd disable one of the processor cores. Its like having a ferarri, and instead of it's own motors, u use a nissan sunny one :P

my 2 cents.

peace out

Ash

KO is not coded to work with dual core cpus.

So for most ppl its more like driving a ferarri offroad than your ferrari scenario :P

its funny i have this problem on private servers. every1 thinks im a hacker
    just go start > Turn off computer > standy

it'll fix it for the time being

Goofy

KO is not coded to work with dual core cpus.

So for most ppl its more like driving a ferarri offroad than your ferrari scenario :P[/b]
    Coded, no. Having problems with it, NO.

Freh

I will try that, thanks. It's pretty random, sometimes everything will go fast soon, other times, not. Don't really know why.

As for "why", if you are aoeing falcons and the icon fades, but buffs are not gone, you can't rb with the rest of the party. Sort of pisses off the buffer. You cast nova cause the animation showed it cooled down, it uses mp, but doesnt casst...new cool down starts. You're basically running around doing a lot of nothing, using mp and guessing when ur skills are ready. Add the fact that sometimes ur moving faster than other and they think u are using some sort of third party program, well, gotta try something to fix it cause it's the only computer I got...

Goofy

I will try that, thanks. It's pretty random, sometimes everything will go fast soon, other times, not. Don't really know why.

As for "why", if you are aoeing falcons and the icon fades, but buffs are not gone, you can't rb with the rest of the party. Sort of pisses off the buffer. You cast nova cause the animation showed it cooled down, it uses mp, but doesnt casst...new cool down starts. You're basically running around doing a lot of nothing, using mp and guessing when ur skills are ready. Add the fact that sometimes ur moving faster than other and they think u are using some sort of third party program, well, gotta try something to fix it cause it's the only computer I got... [/b]
    Well first of, the symptoms ur having could not be coz of the pc, the connection could also cause them.

U could try downclocking the comp (running the cpu in lower speed).

Check ur manufacturers utilities. ASUS for example has this.

if u have any questions let me know
    peace out.