Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

still lagging

This is a discussion on still lagging within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm still lagging when I'm around 1 or more chars..which poses a problem for when I try to friggin pk. ...
Page: 1

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

I'm still lagging when I'm around 1 or more chars..which poses a problem for when I try to friggin pk. Like topic says i just added 2 gbs of ram from Best Buy. (DDR2 for notebook) My laptop is kinda old.

:Intel Pentium M
    :1.70 GHz
    :1.99 Gb RAM
    :38.5 used space/ out of 67.1 capacity

Any help on what to do/add to my computer would be much appreiated. Hopefully this wont include buying new pc

Banned

maybe graphic card?

maybe graphic card?[/b]
    hey thanks for the reply..Im not too aware of the technical aspects of computers but from what i looked up i think its: mobil intel 915gm express chipset family. also since i was messing around i went into the advanced tab located in system properties..then settings in the performance section..advanced tab..then change tab under virtual memory..now custom was selected which was samll number like 750(paging size?)..i changed it to system managed size. This changed the paging size to new big number 2050mb. Not sure if this was right to do.

TwistTheKnife

whats your fps?

whats your fps?[/b]
    not sure what fps stands for

not sure what fps stands for[/b]
    k just lookied it up and im assuming its frames per second and not first person shooter...now im not quite sure how i would lookup my fps/ test it

Cammers91

k just lookied it up and im assuming its frames per second and not first person shooter...now im not quite sure how i would lookup my fps/ test it[/b]
    When Your In KO Either Take a Look At The Options And You Will See FPS And Then A Set Of Numbers Tell Us What You Get. Also Try :

Start > Run > Dxdiag > And Run The Direct X Tests And Tell Us If There Working Perfectly Okay.

And Is That 1.7 Dual Core ? or Single ?

if its single that could be the root of your problem.

mert

Go to CTRL + ALT + DEL go to processes and look at the left corner and say what there stands at Processes : ?

When Your In KO Either Take a Look At The Options And You Will See FPS And Then A Set Of Numbers Tell Us What You Get. Also Try :

Start > Run > Dxdiag > And Run The Direct X Tests And Tell Us If There Working Perfectly Okay.

And Is That 1.7 Dual Core ? or Single ?

if its single that could be the root of your problem.[/b]
    Hi..k i did that direct x test and all was working properly..the frame rate in el morad was varying between 6-7, but i check in moradon and was like 2-3.

also yes it is single so maybe thats the problem.

Go to CTRL + ALT + DEL go to processes and look at the left corner and say what there stands at Processes : ?[/b]
    k i checked the processes..there are 63 runniing total (seems real high, but i dont know which ones to cancel) but most are using about 3.5k memory....4-5 20k's....then knightonline is using 120k.

Cammers91

Hi..k i did that direct x test and all was working properly..the frame rate in el morad was varying between 6-7, but i check in moradon and was like 2-3.

also yes it is single so maybe thats the problem.[/b]
    Probaly low processor spec

sexa

mobil intel 915gm[/b]
    thats the reason prooly.

Laptop is for merchanting Probably the graphic card - low memory.

3thos

k just lookied it up and im assuming its frames per second and not first person shooter...now im not quite sure how i would lookup my fps/ test it[/b]
    this made me smile.

anyway, it isn't dual core, so that is the root problem, and another problem is the video card, if i were you i would return the 2gb's of ram you just bought to best buy and just buy a new p/c or laptop, if you dont want to buy a new p/c or laptop, then you need to upgrade your video card in your laptop, which will probably just as much if you were to buy a new laptop or p/c.

you cant play ko on a laptop that is that old, only merchant.

EastonLemon

Your processor is definitely booty..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast