Swapping Grpahic cards.

This is a discussion on Swapping Grpahic cards. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; SInce my pc upstairs is fucked up I want to play ko here but graphic card isnt good enough so ...
Page: 1

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

SInce my pc upstairs is fucked up I want to play ko here but graphic card isnt good enough so I want to get the one above to this one but not sure if it works well.

What are the risks if I swap them w/o knowing if they will work?
    ALso I want to get the ram from upstairs to this one. I think they are different brands so what are these risks aswell?

evilwevel

no risk at all with graphic cards, they either fit in your motherboards pci or vga slot and connect to the power supply (if it needs one) plug or they don't.

the brand of ram doesn't really matter, as long as it's the same sort (ddr2, 3) but i won't advice to put 5 diffrent brands, speeds and size of ram in your pc. since it could go bananas that way.

but if you're planning of taking out the ram and replacing it with the ram of the other computer there shouldn't be any problem (if you check if your motherboard supports that kind of ram ddr2,3 and the speed of the ram : X Mhz).

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

no risk at all with graphic cards, they either fit in your motherboards pci or vga slot and connect to the power supply (if it needs one) plug or they don't.

the brand of ram doesn't really matter, as long as it's the same sort (ddr2, 3) but i won't advice to put 5 diffrent brands, speeds and size of ram in your pc. since it could go bananas that way.

but if you're planning of taking out the ram and replacing it with the ram of the other computer there shouldn't be any problem (if you check if your motherboard supports that kind of ram ddr2,3 and the speed of the ram : X Mhz).[/b]
    alrite but about the ram, I want to add this one so this one has 2x ram

evilwevel

what kind of ram is in the pc and what kind of ram do you want to add ?