Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tanking Priest Question

This is a discussion on Tanking Priest Question within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; For a tank priest which is better a Full Plate Tanking Priest or a Chitin Tanking Priest? also, How exactly ...
Page: 1

InevitablE

Default Tanking Priest Question

For a tank priest which is better a Full Plate Tanking Priest or a Chitin Tanking Priest? also, How exactly would the stats of a tanking priest and wat would be some decent Jewls should the Priest wear?

All depends on your level to what you wanna stat effectivly

BattyBat

personally i have chitin all 7/12, apart from my dd and sd wep defence i wear which helps a lot.

this means i only need 172 int, so can put extra into hp for better hp. obviously with FP I could put more into hp and even less in int but as im also a full healer i need a certain amount of mana to make full heal feasible, so i like my chitin

Hostage

I wanna be a tank priest also. I have all chitins +7/12 Except my helm, which is +8/15. Im full debuff so I can do talos solo. (level 62, massive, 1920 heal w/ my warrior) Uniques I have are: White Silver Earring, +9 INT earring, +9 INT Pendant, +9 INT Rings. I have like 6k mana. I know I dont need that much, its a little overkill. Im wondering if I use duel ROL if that would be a good idea for a tank priest.

BattyBat

erm yes duel rol's would be a very good idea. Also replace the int jewelry with HP at the worst 8/9, preferably off course uniques that add AC and hp.

Hostage

So going duel ROL over duel ROC is better?

I dont pk on the priest so HP isnt really a problem. But I plan on it very soon. What about earrings? Rogue earring for a priest? or would a WE be better? SSE?

Cava

Originally posted by Hostage

I dont pk on the priest so HP isnt really a problem. But I plan on it very soon. What about earrings? Rogue earring for a priest? or would a WE be better? SSE?
    SSE> BE > WE > CE (imo)

unless u have poor resist, then we is ur best bet.

Baneare

1 roc 1 rol (one for fr other for lr)

Lammer

I'll talk a bit about me set for pking (btw i'm supposed to be a tanker priest) and my toughts about priest sets

1st - You'll notice like I did that the diference of AC between Shell --> Chittin --> Fp isn't much when compared with other classes.
    So chosing between Shell or Chittin won't be so vital for a priest in terms of AC as for example warriors.

2nd - Choose between "Will I have to use Armors with special defence? Like dagger or spear or whatever?"

1st cenario - You don't have armors with defence (comun in new servers coz the drops are disable)

Shells - Unless you have full set of Shell +7 and a good shield and some uniques that can boost your HP, your HP will be "very low" and.. if you want to be a fair tanker you'll need HP.

For me the best thing about Shellist set is againts mages since the more higher are you stats in INT the more defence against element ou have, and of course you look cool

Also it's not that easy to get Legitm Shell set when you're low on $$ like I am.

Chittin - Chittin +8 rocks.. gives you fair ac and good hp and combined with those uniques and good shield I think will make a very good combination and very hard to overcome but again.. (if you have IN, CS, IB, GB whatever all those noob uniques <_< hen I would advise you this set)

If you can get those defences (dagger, spear, axe etc) thru uniques than I don't see Cons on this set, coz you'll have good HP, good AC and good Mana

FP's - Get +9 helmet, boots and gaunts and Goblin Pauldron and Pads , undying, alot of uniques and maybe you won't get pwned every second.

That's it about FP's (Don't use it unless you can compensate (boost) the low AC thru uniques)

2nd cenario - You have armors with defence

I fit in this case so I'll only talk about FP's

FP's - Get helmet dagger defence, boots (axe or spear), gaunts (sword and spear), Goblin Pauldron and Pads (or use +8/+9 Plate pads)

Get DD shield, Spear Shield, Axe/Sword/Club fair HP jewel and some uniques with element defence. With this set you'll have very good HP, defences that compensate the "low" ac and fair Mana.

Your bad dream are called PAPER MAGES.. your low int makes you get hit hard by them.. but in my opinion your high HP will compensate that.

As for stats I have:

93 str
    146 int
    and the rest in HP

Why 93 str and 146? For DD helmet.
    If you don't have FP boots with spear or axe then you'll need more str and int to wear +8 / +9 (if you can make one :lol: ))

I have low HP jewel but anyway i have +4k hp, +/- 850 ac , and almost 4k mana..and i'm fairly protected against dagger, spear and axe.

I've seen some "good gĂșns" with shell and chittin getting gangbanged by 1 / 2 sins or warriors coz they don't have defences. Unless I'll get to face to more than two very high lvl war or sin, it will be hard for them to get your face to the ground. Your Hp and defences will will prove very usefull when they sometimes cancel those heals

But Unless you have ubber uniques you can hardly tank more than 2 / 3 good players.

Those were just my toughts..

Btw I think there's a good guide to priest in one known forum. Search for it.

i have 1022 ac as a plate priest without the best uniques.

Hostage - You really need a fp dd helm, dont pk with a /hp helm until ur 65+

Hostage

Well, of course I have a DD helm. I was just talking my basic gear. I'll find defensive armors when im really ready to start tanking full parties. h43r:

Lammer

i have 1022 ac as a plate priest without the best uniques.
    ok... I'm lvl 64 you? <_< and I don't have almost a single UNIQUE (only Lycoan pandant) so i think my AC is the lowest you'll get with a FP set.

Well, of course I have a DD helm. I was just talking my basic gear. I'll find defensive armors when im really ready to start tanking full parties.
    If I were you I would start looking for those defensive armors as soon as you can, since drop is disabled as time goes by, it will be harder everyday to find those parts.

And if you plan to go to FP be carefull coz every stat point you save will be very usefull for HP and AC (Every 10 stats on HP raises 1 ac? Can someone confirm this pls don't fell like restat to check :lol: )

Hostage

I tried PK'ing last night. I took the duel ROL and a RE from my rogue. (Yeah RE for an INT priest, cool huh? ^_^ ) I think I had just under 4k HP, almost 1050 AC, with my chitin build. I didnt look close at the stats, I wanted to pk :lol:

Skip

Originally posted by Cava+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cava)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Hostage

SSE> BE > WE > CE (imo)

unless u have poor resist, then we is ur best bet.[/b]
    I think I would consider a WE better than a BE, unless the player is very high level.

Hostage

High level as in 65+?

Im almost 62. Ready for massive. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast