Need help please

This is a discussion on Need help please within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The item 'Launcher.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work ...
Page: 1

The item 'Launcher.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

Thats the message i get... i got to my KO folder and try to open it with the deal in there...but it says please open KO via launcher... so can anyone help me? or maybe i can by-pass the launcher?

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Just make a shortcut from your knightonline.exe
    right click and go to properties
    and at target you should have something like: C:\GamersFirst\KnightOnline\KnightOnLine.exe
    after that put <space> USA_Knightonline

so the result would be: C:\GamersFirst\KnightOnline\KnightOnLine.exe USA_KnightOnline

then you&#39;ll bypass the launcher

Just make a shortcut from your knightonline.exe
    right click and go to properties
    and at target you should have something like: C:\GamersFirst\KnightOnline\KnightOnLine.exe
    after that put <space> USA_Knightonline

so the result would be: C:\GamersFirst\KnightOnline\KnightOnLine.exe USA_KnightOnline

then you&#39;ll bypass the launcher[/b]

Still need help..i have window&#39;s vista home edition...i went to the properties and i didn&#39;t see anything like this.

Strike

your virus scanner deleted the launcher, or quarantined it. try looking in the quarantine part of your scanner and allow the launcher (or set it to never scan or ko folder) to run.
    this happened to a few ppl ik already so that should fix the problem.

Urahara

If you can add the launcher.exe to an allow list on your anti-virus that will help as well, otherwise it will just keep deleting it. If you can&#39;t I suggest you shut down your anti-virus while attempting to play knight online.

Okay, so this isn&#39;t my computer...but they have Trend Micro AntiVirus... I found the files in the folder that it quarantined...And there is an option to restore the files to their origional place...but when i do that, the scan just picks them back up right away and puts them on there...and i can&#39;t find a way to change the settings or anything. So.. Anyone who has had experience with Trend Micro AntiVirus... could ya help?

up... i kinda wanna play ko...

Urahara

You have to completely disable it or un-install it. Every time you turn it back on the auto-scan will pick it up.

gay...

Strike

turn the scanner off, restore the launcher and run it, turn v-scanner back on. it is only detecting the launcher so it&#39;s a quick thing to do.