temporary hang ups while running

This is a discussion on temporary hang ups while running within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; My PC was running normally, but then it slowed down to a near-freezed speed. The machine started working again but ...
Page: 1

Judas Iscariot

My PC was running normally, but then it slowed down to a near-freezed speed. The machine started working again but briefly, then sank into the same problem. It kept repeating this pattern for a while until it completely stopped, then ran again. I tried to turn it off, but it wouldn't obey a Shut down command from the task manager, nor from pressing the power button. I had to shut down the pc forcibly.

There's a light that indicates hard drive activity: For the time when the pc slows down, the light is non-active or the light is on constant, without blinking (no activity).

When I try to boot up the pc normally, it will not load. I need to boot up the pc in safe mode, and even then the boot up is not assured. It usually hangs while loading the last file.

I've run registry and virus scans, and they show up clean.
    Can anyone help me identify what's wrong with both normal start up, and why the pc hangs?

I think the system files that boot windows are damaged (probably because of the forced shut down), but i'm not sure if there's a problem with the Windows o/s files, or if there's physical damage to the disk.

TY for your time

not enough ram? processor is too old?

could be over heating also, check the temps of your system with everest

Judas Iscariot

not enough ram? processor is too old?

could be over heating also, check the temps of your system with everest[/b]
    I just bought this processor w/ motherboard a few weeks ago :lol:

I have three fans on the damn thing (previous pc set did overheat), I'm not really sure it could be overheating...

I also changed all the cables and wiring...

I managed to fix the start up problem with a system restore, but the slow-down problem still persists

if you dont have any other programs to monitor your system or dont know how to use bios download the trial version of everest, it shows all your system temps etc.

http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.p...=UE&lang=en

and check if you have anything unnecessary you have running in the background

I guess you got nothing else left then simply install windows again, format your whole drive..