Is There Any Way...

This is a discussion on Is There Any Way... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; That somehow I can run knight online with my computer in sleep mode? or is there a way for my ...
Page: 1

PriestOfShadows

That somehow I can run knight online with my computer in sleep mode?

or is there a way for my Dell XPS computer lights to not be on? cuz my parents can tell when they are on. and they shut my comp off during the night while im merchanting.

evilwevel

in sleep mode ? no.

you're fucked if the computer is located anywhere outside your room. it's very easy to disconnect the HDD and power led but they will still be able to hear the fans spinning. and you can't disconnect all the fans cause it will overheat and auto shutdown.

ILoveYouToo

If you have a laptop, Change the settings for when you close it to "Do Nothing" and you laptop will still run everything with the screen closed.. If you have a desktop turn of the monitor maybe =/

evilwevel

or put $5 on the table next to a note saying "here's money for the electricity, leave the computer on !"

it would be very easy to just unplug the led light that shows your comp is on from your motherboard
    you could probably google it or youtube it

or put $5 on the table next to a note saying "here's money for the electricity, leave the computer on !"[/b]
    It's actually not much more to leave them running vs shutting down and on everyday, due to the power surge when you turn your pc on draws a bunch of energy, most corporations also leave all their pc's on because there is less hardware failure when your pc is always on vs cold starts etc. So in the end it is cheaper to keep it running

Shawntay

It's actually not much more to leave them running vs shutting down and on everyday, due to the power surge when you turn your pc on draws a bunch of energy, most corporations also leave all their pc's on because there is less hardware failure when your pc is always on vs cold starts etc. So in the end it is cheaper to keep it running [/b]
    Yep it's cheaper and better on your pc!

zrocker0404

put little pieces of paper over all the lights lmao

PriestOfShadows

It's actually not much more to leave them running vs shutting down and on everyday, due to the power surge when you turn your pc on draws a bunch of energy, most corporations also leave all their pc's on because there is less hardware failure when your pc is always on vs cold starts etc. So in the end it is cheaper to keep it running [/b]

hmm how can i convince my parents to believe this?

Omniscient

I actually have to agree with zrocker. I used to do that back when I lived with my dad. Just tape some paper over the light, or set a book or something in front of it.

PriestOfShadows

but there are lights that come out of the back which if i blocked it wud over heat D:

evilwevel

and you forget the sound the thing makes. it really stands out in the evening since everything else is really silent.

try putting it under some sort of desk to hide the lights coming from the back ? or if it's coming from a led fan, replace it with a normal one.

Krvavy Necht

So whenever i wants to turn off my computer you say its better to just put it to sleep to avoid cold starts ?