Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

is there anything else i can scan my computer with?

This is a discussion on is there anything else i can scan my computer with? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; new question: currently im using following programs to keep my computer clean and updated. ActiveSpeed AVG 8.0 CCleaner DriverScanner Eusing ...
Page: 1

new question:
    currently im using following programs to keep my computer clean and updated.
    ActiveSpeed
    AVG 8.0
    CCleaner
    DriverScanner
    Eusing Registry cleaner
    Spybot-Search&Destroy
    Uniblue

is there anything thats good or any of the above mentioned useless?
    i scan my computer every friday to keep it clean. yet it seems to get slower and slower.
    any advice?

old question/answered.
    does ANY ram card work for any computer?
    or do i need specific one for mine?
    if i do then i got HP Pavilion PC m7757c
    anyone know which card is compatiable?

i wanna speed it up so price doesn't matter.

side2side125

no

different type exist

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

you need ddr2 sdram

and your motherboard can only handle 4 gb max of ram.

FisherySociety

i do believe he is talking about a ram card as in a graphics card, no not every graphics card works in every computer. You will need to search up your motherboard and find out if its pci-e 16x or pci-e. However if your talking about normal ram you need DDR2 at the frequency at which your motherboard can handle it at usually either 667mhz or 800mhz.

Crucial.com, run the scan, should tell you everything you need to know.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

how do u get graphics card whne he says ram? wtf?

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

how do u get graphics card whne he says ram? wtf?[/b]
    that's what im wondering too...

Crucial.com, run the scan, should tell you everything you need to know.[/b]
    sweet. Crucial.com ftw.
    thx to all replies

evilwevel

that's what im wondering too...[/b]
    well, it does have RAM :mellow:

and that's about the only connection there is. perhaps the fact that it also fits in a slot on your motherboard.

FisherySociety

he called it a ram "card" thats where i got the graphics "card" because a graphics card also has a ram bus as well. And you generally do not refer to pc ram as a ram card.

new question posted. answers will be appreciated.

is there anything else i can scan my computer with?
    ActiveSpeed
    AVG 8.0
    CCleaner
    DriverScanner
    Eusing Registry cleaner
    Spybot-Search&Destroy
    Uniblue

Why do you use so many programs? Get 1 active real time protection program and your just fine, once in a while you should use CCleaner to clean up your register and files. AVG 8.0 is an pretty good program but it does use pretty much ram because it scans everything. I would say get rid of that avg 8.0 and get NOD32. Unless you paid for avg 8.0 offcourse.

evilwevel

it's normal for a pc to get slower over time. most of the time it's due to installing programs and forgetting to uninstall them. or programs you don't use very often that keep on running in the background.

so basically you should just format your windows drive and if possible keep as much space on that drive (i have a spare 40 GB drive, just for windows) this will keep windows running smooth.

and don't install 70 anti virus / cc cleaners etc. just get one or two programs and get ones that do as much as possible (so not one for anti virus, one for anti spyware etc. try getting one that protects from allmost anything. because more programs = slower pc)

well i uninstalled everything that i don&#39;t use weekly basis. and from command i turned off all start up and prgrams unless they are nessesity. and still seems to get slower. i know computer do get slower over time but its slowing way to fast. this computer was bought year and 8months ago yet my other computer (4years old) runs almost faster. they both have same internet. same ram. same GB space. same programs scanning them. <.< both Vista.
    AVG wont take up RAM if i keep it off and turn on only when i use it right? i turned it off from running in background and on-screen. so would it matter?

well i uninstalled everything that i don&#39;t use weekly basis. and from command i turned off all start up and prgrams unless they are nessesity. and still seems to get slower. i know computer do get slower over time but its slowing way to fast. this computer was bought year and 8months ago yet my other computer (4years old) runs almost faster. they both have same internet. same ram. same GB space. same programs scanning them. <.< both Vista.
    AVG wont take up RAM if i keep it off and turn on only when i use it right? i turned it off from running in background and on-screen. so would it matter?[/b]
    If you turn it off then you aint got any real time scanner, you better turn it on tho :P Go reinstall your windows and your pc is as fast as it was when u bought it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast