Trojan Horse Java/ClassLoader be danger to ko?

This is a discussion on Trojan Horse Java/ClassLoader be danger to ko? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I got 1 recently and it is imbedded and cannot be deleted, does any 1 know if its a danger ...
Page: 1

Default Trojan Horse Java/ClassLoader be danger to ko?

I got 1 recently and it is imbedded and cannot be deleted, does any 1 know if its a danger to ko, ie keylogger or somethin like that.

Deadly dangerous toward ur account.

__countess__

you got it from where? post more details... what antivirus are you using?
    try booting up in safe mode and run full scan on your pc again.
    if that doesn't work, try and run full scan in DOS mode.
    if that doesn't work, find out more information about this virus/trojan and where is it located, download LOAF or something similar (LOAF = Linux on a floppy) and delete it while booted up in Linux.

i wasnt hacked and it was in the java files, just randomly deleted any file that had java in...n it worked

Sweet

Just for your future peace of mind, you can't program ANY keylogger in java... java doesn't allow the keyboard to be hooked like you can in C/C++ or whatever... it was a special thing put in by those smeeert people at Sun

__countess__

as i worked for Sun for 1 year and i do know how to program in Java i can ASSURE you that this is totally wrong, you can write a java keylogger and you don't even have to refer to hook dlls.

Sweet

Would you mind providing me a little insight then, via PM? I distinctly remember a lengthy forum discussion on the Sun forums saying very clearly that it's not possible to do anything in java resembling a keylogger that would act like a true keylogger; that is, something that doesn't need to have the focus of the user to record their keystrokes. As soon as a java app loses focus, it will stop catching the incoming events from the keyboard/mouse, making it a rather useless keylogger. I will dig around a bit and see if I can find that discussion again.

EDIT: ah here it is: http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?thre...ssageID=3958622

I'm not gonna lie, that seems comclusive to me. And unless you have some third-party library like one of the guys in there mentioned you might be able to do it with, you just can't do it... :wub:

Off-topic: do you still work for Sun?

I got a "trojan" in the java virtual machine directory, to get rid of it all i needed to do was delete the temp files in the directory. But everytime java was run the trojan came back