Trouble viewing pics and videos

This is a discussion on Trouble viewing pics and videos within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I just recently bought a new computer with an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9400, 4GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce ...
Page: 1

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

I just recently bought a new computer with an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9400, 4GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9800GT video card and a 640GB Hard Drive yet i am finding myself having a lot of trouble viewing pics and videos online. It either will not load or take about 20 refreshes to do so.

Any suggestions on how i can resolve this problem would be appreciated because i seriously doubt its my computer. It's not even a month old.

evilwevel

well, if you open an explorer screen and it's all weird and shaky while you drag it around your screen then it's an easy fix. no graphics drivers. just download them and you should be able to view videos and pictures like you should. if it's not the drivers then there might be something wrong.

but try and update your graphic card's drivers first.
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

maybe your interenet connection?

well, if you open an explorer screen and it's all weird and shaky while you drag it around your screen then it's an easy fix. no graphics drivers. just download them and you should be able to view videos and pictures like you should. if it's not the drivers then there might be something wrong.

but try and update your graphic card's drivers first.
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us[/b]
    The driver update definately helped. i'm seeing a lot more stuff now there are still a few things that won't load but like volcompat said it might be my internet connection since it's been acting up a bit lately. I will take any other suggestions into account though and appreciate the help so far.

evilwevel

test your connection speed on speedtest.net or a similar site to be sure.

and get rid of internet explorer if you're using it as your browser right now. use google chrome instead. you can really see the difference between the two when it comes to loading pages faster.

test your connection speed on speedtest.net or a similar site to be sure.

and get rid of internet explorer if you're using it as your browser right now. use google chrome instead. you can really see the difference between the two when it comes to loading pages faster.[/b]

thats what i got.

Also i've been using chrome ever since it came out. loved it when i started using it.

evilwevel

2.4 Mb/sec isn't much.

it's about 0.3 MB/sec which isn't a lot. i'm no expert on what connection you need in order to stream videos but my network monitoring tool says SD on youtube is about 0.15 and HQ about 0.3 so you should be able to watch videos without stuttering =/

does it still stutter after you've loaded the entire movie ?

2.4 Mb/sec isn't much.

it's about 0.3 MB/sec which isn't a lot. i'm no expert on what connection you need in order to stream videos but my network monitoring tool says SD on youtube is about 0.15 and HQ about 0.3 so you should be able to watch videos without stuttering =/

does it still stutter after you've loaded the entire movie ?[/b]

Only when i try to watch them in HD. i usually don't have a problem with the standard def. but HD is a bitch to load and watch sometimes.

evilwevel

yeah, with your internet connection speed it's going to take a while to load any HD movie from youtube or any other site. SD and HQ should do fine though.