Buying new desktop

This is a discussion on Buying new desktop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm really looking for something that handles this game well. I was using a laptop for the longest time until ...
Page: 1

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

I'm really looking for something that handles this game well. I was using a laptop for the longest time until it crapped out on me. It was a intel dual core processor with 80gb and it did ok for knightonline. I really would like something that runs as smooth as possibly for this price range. Has to have wireless and ethernet capability, and it would be great if it had graphics card with 8400 or above. Any thoughts on what brand/processor I should be looking into? I was thinking of this one right here but it doesn't have built in wireless unfortunately http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/207697...l.do#promotions

Lots of desktops don't have wireless built in. And I have a thing against AMD procs. I just like Intel ones better. :lol:
    If you have a price range, it would make recommending a computer a lot easier.

I agree, I've always been more a fan of Intel, and will probably end up going with it. Price range is under $600, preferably around $500 if possible. (I don't need the monitor or keyboard).

i just bought a acer from bestbuy..
    500$ for 19 inch wide screen, printer, speakers, etc.
    Computer has Intel dual core processor, 3 gb ddr2 memory, 250 gb hard disk, 7100 nvidia geforce graphics card..

its pretty cheap price, and it runs ko great..

i just bought a acer from bestbuy..
    500$ for 19 inch wide screen, printer, speakers, etc.
    Computer has Intel dual core processor, 3 gb ddr2 memory, 250 gb hard disk, 7100 nvidia geforce graphics card..

its pretty cheap price, and it runs ko great..[/b]
    that sounds like a sweet pc. I went with a gateway gt5674, with a 20" hd samsung monitor. Has AMD quad-core processor, only 6150SE on the nvidia graphics card, but I think the quad core will make it run smooth as ever. 500gb hard drive, 2.2ghz, and 2mb L3 cache. It ran a little above my price range but I think I made a good decision with it. Now I have to go read up on installing KO to make it compatible with vista.