Two little problems.

This is a discussion on Two little problems. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The first problem: When i want to play KO, i have to turn off all programs, including MSN, Firefox, etc, ...
Page: 1

The first problem:

When i want to play KO, i have to turn off all programs, including MSN, Firefox, etc, even my antivirus off.

The second problem:

I can't see the weapons's elementals :/. I already tried to turn the option on and off, but nothing.

Thanks!

ILoveYouToo

Post your computer specs.

Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz

512 MB of Ram

I guess is this that u asked for

Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz

512 MB of Ram
    I guess is this that u asked for[/b]
    Try reinstal windous or reinstal ko
    I have same pc and everything is ok for me...

Ok, ill try.

But the 1º problem, i already tried to reinstall and such, but nothing happens.

sexy Owa

get more ram

ILoveYouToo

And why do you have to turn all of those programs off? KO won't run while they're on?

Which option are you turning on and off for the weapon elementals?

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

The first problem:

When i want to play KO, i have to turn off all programs, including MSN, Firefox, etc, even my antivirus off.

The second problem:

I can't see the weapons's elementals :/. I already tried to turn the option on and off, but nothing.

Thanks![/b]
    Well, you should think about upgrading your RAM since 512 isn't enough nowadays. Firefox uses too much CPU when it compaired with Internet Explorer also what antivirus are you using? If it's Norton.. well yeah stop using because Norton isn't really a CPU friendly Antivirus. There is something you can do though, when you are running KnightOnline

1) Ctrl+Alt+Delete= Get Task Manager
    2) Click on Processes
    3) Find KnightOnline.exe on the list
    4) Right Click on KnightOnline.exe
    5) Set Priority to LOW

That should help your computer lil bit, but you are going to need to upgrade your RAM some time soon.

For the Weapon's Elemental Effect, Effect TBL might have been corrupted or you don't have the latest update for your graphic card.

And why do you have to turn all of those programs off? KO won't run while they're on?

Which option are you turning on and off for the weapon elementals?[/b]
    Because i found out that when i run KO with some program on, my pc restart. Every fucking time. So this is the only way..

There's a option in F10, Graphics, I think that is Weapon Effects something like that.

Well, you should think about upgrading your RAM since 512 isn't enough nowadays. Firefox uses too much CPU when it compaired with Internet Explorer also what antivirus are you using? If it's Norton.. well yeah stop using because Norton isn't really a CPU friendly Antivirus. There is something you can do though, when you are running KnightOnline

1) Ctrl+Alt+Delete= Get Task Manager
    2) Click on Processes
    3) Find KnightOnline.exe on the list
    4) Right Click on KnightOnline.exe
    5) Set Priority to LOW

That should help your computer lil bit, but you are going to need to upgrade your RAM some time soon.
    For the Weapon's Elemental Effect, Effect TBL might have been corrupted or you don't have the latest update for your graphic card.[/b]
    Yeah, i will upgrade my ram to 1024 this year, i was already planning it, but now it is a thing that i got to do.

Ill try your method, and post results later.

I don't know why its happen this, because i stopped playing KO some months ago, and it was normal, about the weapons elemental effect. But now i'm gotting this problem...

If i can't replace the TBL file, ill buy a new graphic card.

Thanks a lot.

evilwevel

try re-installing the game again before you buy a new video card, it might save you some $$ .

I tried what SuperGhost said, don't helped that much..

Ill reinstall K.O. later, to see if that is the problem.

battlemama

it might just be you need to upgrade your video card are you using the video output on the mother board if so its time to upgrade

rico

It may also be a simple graphics glitch. Often when I'm bored and spinning the screen round, certain angles wont show the element graphics.

Well, I re-installed the K.O. and it fixed my problems ^^. Now my pc is not restarting when I run K.O. with others programs open, and I can see the weapon's elementals.

Atleast for now, I am ok. Thanks all for your help.

evilwevel

most KO problems are solved by reinstalling.

they should try to fix it. from all the posts i read 10% have corrupted files after installation.