vegas 9 i need help

This is a discussion on vegas 9 i need help within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; look i had alot of functions but they all gone where can i get them again?...
Page: 1

Andrew_Meister

look i had alot of functions but they all gone

where can i get them again?

Im sorry i cant be of any help here =P
    But nice to see you still play KO, was fun on that private server eh?
    Good luck,

(AliceinWonderland - Shinigami)

PriestOfShadows

re install

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Alt+2
    Alt+3
    Alt+4
    Alt+5
    Alt+6
    Alt+7
    Alt+8
    and.. Alt+9

Have fun.

press view

Andrew_Meister

works fine ty

Andrew_Meister

hey i have another question if i want to save it as a HD file
    i already did but it weight 11 GB
    so u have any idea how i need to save it?

hey i have another question if i want to save it as a HD file
    i already did but it weight 11 GB
    so u have any idea how i need to save it?[/b]
    You saved it uncompressed I assume, you'll need to render it with the codec of your liking (I suggest using h264) and depending on what type of movie it is:

gaming movies, in general require a high bitrate, i'd go with..5M-6M, if you'll want more you can go for it but it's very unlikely to be any better.

Anything else probably around 1M-3M.

Then you'll want to have an audio codec as well ,leaving that uncompressed can take up quite some space, preferably use the AC-3 or just a regular mp3 codec if your liking.

And since 720p is such a hype right now, go with the resolution of 1280x720 (only if your source material is the same or higher resolution, if its lower.. try going for 800x600 or 720x520)

Those are assueming you'll use a .mp4/avi fileformat with the h264 codec.

If you're going for .wmv just make sure you have the Windows Media codec thing selected, an appropriate audio format (see above) and a bitrate of 4-5M

Andrew_Meister

wow wow wow

i'm not a computer freak what the hell is all that!

If you actually spent some time learning the program, and just try reading those little hints I gave you up, or just even try it yourself on Vegas, you most likely would figure it out within just 5minutes of research done in VEGAS itself, by going to the render tool and trying out all the different options. Please, show some self-Initiative or at least read the fucking manual.

Andrew_Meister

Fucked up AR (aspect ratio), won't comment on the editing itself as it's supposed to be a test. From what I've gathered you've been either recording in a 1024x768 or 1280x1024 resolution, if that's the case you'll need to play with the AR as they'll just be cropped if using the wrong settings.

Try using following settings:

IF source footage is in 1280x1024 you'll want to have following stream properties set in vegas (for single selection of each clip, rightclick -> properties ; for general settings -> project -> properties or alt + enter):

Width: 1280
    Height: 720
    Frame Rate 29,970 (NTSC)
    Pixel aspect ratio: 1.0000 (Square)
    Field Order: None (progressive scan)
    Full resolution rendering quality: Best

Now, if you didn't record in widescreen in first place, you'll want to make sure your AR fits, to do that make sure your preview window displays it as it would look like fully rendered, to do that simply rightclick INTO the preview window and make sure both: Simulate Device Aspect Ratio and Scale Video to Fit Preview Window are both selected.

Usually that should show you the black bars left and right, (this is if it was recorded in 4:3, see above for resolution) to take those out and make sure you'll have a HD scene set, you'll want to rightclick the clips -> properties -> Media, you'll want to play around some with the Pixel Aspect Ratio in there, usually until you have no bars left and right - AT ALL, I suggest using 1.3333 (HDV 1080) or 1.4568 (PAL DV Widescreen) for that, which ever you'll prefer.

Also when rendering make sure you have "Stretch vide to fill output frame size (do not letterbox)" selected at all times.

If your source material was recorded in 1024x768, try using following settings:

Width: 1024
    Height: 720
    Frame Rate 29,970 (NTSC)
    Pixel aspect ratio: 1.0000 (Square)
    Field Order: None (progressive scan)
    Full resolution rendering quality: Best

And again follow the instructions above if you're getting the black bars.

Andrew_Meister

thanks alot mate..
    i would like to have 1 more answer
    why i can't Zoom up or down i can zoom only on the middle of the picture. i tryed to zoom for example my hp bar but its blocked.

thanks alot mate..
    i would like to have 1 more answer
    why i can't Zoom up or down i can zoom only on the middle of the picture. i tryed to zoom for example my hp bar but its blocked.[/b]
    When using the Event Pan/Crop, all you have to do is move the box around, you can do that by either editing the positions in its X and Y axis, or simply drag and drop, by pressing somewhere in the box and move it around on the screen to your liking, the preview will display the part of the screen it is focusing on/selected at as shown below: