Vegas Video

This is a discussion on Vegas Video within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok so, I been making my next pk video in Vegas Pro 8.0... it looks real nice and clean, but ...
Page: 1

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Ok so, I been making my next pk video in Vegas Pro 8.0... it looks real nice and clean, but the file is 600mb

I want to compress it... I know I know, compress the files before you put them into the movie on Vegas, but see, I did that... and it still came out pretty big. I tried compressing it in Virtual Dub but it wont let me, not quite sure why just wouldnt open.

Anyways, anyone have any advice on how to compress this sucker? make it like 100mb for youtube and rapidshare, and maybe a higher quality version on filefront for all the quality whores.

Thanks!

ive found how to compress 1min-28mb on polish counter strike forum but would be kinda hard for me translate that in english xD

normally i can make 1 gig files to like 20 mb with Virtual Dub but thats just not working and im not sure why D:

ok so idk :P

Dendroid0s

try open it with wmm and then save it again, but u get shitter quality.

try open it with wmm and then save it again, but u get shitter quality.[/b]
    extremely shitty, already had tried it

ass in hole... Senior Member Unihoc's Avatar

try load it up in window movie maker and then save it on your computer ,
    quality is not the same but the size is lower

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

You need to adjust one of these 5 things - top of the list will give most improvement

1) Video dimensions (e.g. 800x600 -> 400x300 - half the dimensions = 1/4 of the size)
    2) Video bitrate (lower = worse quality, less space used)
    3) Audio bitrate (as above, for a PK video I doubt you need more than 80-96kbps)
    4) Codec used (XVid+mp3 is usually the smallest for the same quality from my experience - i.e. you can use a lower bitrate and it's still watchable)
    5) Framerate (changing a 29.997 fps video (NTSC) to 25 fps (PAL) - might not be applicable and can look odd sometimes as you lose frames)

DVD Catalyst (www.dvdcatalyst.com) has a free trial and can convert video -> video and adjust all 5 of those settings for you in one hit. I use this for converting DVDs for my Archos, but the video -> video is handy too!

Another option would be some clever composition of video... such as saving the main picture with lower bitrate than the corner where your HP is and the corner where your damage is... but that isn't an available option with any free software I know of. Theoretically possible and I know some people who could probably code it, but they already finished uni so won't want to do another big project like that for nothing.

With option 1 remember that the video size on youtube is small anyway... so it's worth saving a separate copy in lower quality for there.

You need to adjust one of these 5 things - top of the list will give most improvement

1) Video dimensions (e.g. 800x600 -> 400x300 - half the dimensions = 1/4 of the size)
    2) Video bitrate (lower = worse quality, less space used)
    3) Audio bitrate (as above, for a PK video I doubt you need more than 80-96kbps)
    4) Codec used (XVid+mp3 is usually the smallest for the same quality from my experience - i.e. you can use a lower bitrate and it's still watchable)
    5) Framerate (changing a 29.997 fps video (NTSC) to 25 fps (PAL) - might not be applicable and can look odd sometimes as you lose frames)

DVD Catalyst (www.dvdcatalyst.com) has a free trial and can convert video -> video and adjust all 5 of those settings for you in one hit. I use this for converting DVDs for my Archos, but the video -> video is handy too!

Another option would be some clever composition of video... such as saving the main picture with lower bitrate than the corner where your HP is and the corner where your damage is... but that isn't an available option with any free software I know of. Theoretically possible and I know some people who could probably code it, but they already finished uni so won't want to do another big project like that for nothing.

With option 1 remember that the video size on youtube is small anyway... so it's worth saving a separate copy in lower quality for there.[/b]
    when i did 400x300 it didnt fit to the whole screen and looked odd in youtube when it was stretched to fit the screen... but apparently they increased the file size limit on youtube to 1 gig, im trying to upload right now, its been sitting there for 3 hours now tho, and hasnt finished

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

400x300 was just a wild guess... what resolution is the original video in? Just half it each way. I think you need a director account to get 1gig up on youtube don't you?

Can you do like a 20 second clip of the video and post it somewhere I can download it? Then I can make some actual recommendations

Ezquerra

i can see sony vengas kinda complicated to use.

offtopic question : who is easier to use and have more effects/transitions ? sony vega or adobe premier ?

If you are familiar with adobe photoshop, then premier will obviously be easier for you to use, too. Otherwhise I'd go for vegas.

edit: and both of them ought to have more than enought effects and transitions.