Ventrilo some hosting questions

This is a discussion on Ventrilo some hosting questions within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello.....I have some questions about ventrilo, my rlf are tired of music spammers in vent so we are thinking to ...
Page: 1

Cadence96

Hello.....I have some questions about ventrilo, my rlf are tired of music spammers in vent so we are thinking to buy one.

Does the host require to be online to others to come in?
    Is there any risk for hosting ventrilo?(for users and pc host) I mean being affected by viruses, trojans, flooding dangers, etc.
    What is the difference between hosting a free and pay-vent?
    Can a host be affected by laggs?
    Do host's viruses infect users?
    Is here in K4L any guide to host vent?

I would do it by myself, but better first I hear what the pros of vent know about it

Thhhanks

ruenz

Hello.....I have some questions about ventrilo, my rlf are tired of music spammers in vent so we are thinking to buy one.

Does the host require to be online to others to come in?
    Is there any risk for hosting ventrilo?(for users and pc host) I mean being affected by viruses, trojans, flooding dangers, etc.
    What is the difference between hosting a free and pay-vent?
    Can a host be affected by laggs?
    Do host's viruses infect users?
    Is here in K4L any guide to host vent?

I would do it by myself, but better first I hear what the pros of vent know about it

Thhhanks[/b]
    Does the host require to be online to others to come in? - NO
    Is there any risk for hosting ventrilo?(for users and pc host) I mean being affected by viruses, trojans, flooding dangers, etc. - NO
    What is the difference between hosting a free and pay-vent? - Pay Vent you have admin rights to create channels and can ban, kick, etc. Free vent you are using someone else vent
    Can a host be affected by laggs? - YES, but not if you have a decent internet connection
    Do host's viruses infect users? - NO, the vent servers are on massive servers owned by companies such as MammothMedia, etc.
    Is here in K4L any guide to host vent? - Your best bet is to visit www.mammothmedia.com for pricing and FAQ's

Hope this helps

Cadence96

Does the host require to be online to others to come in? - NO
    Is there any risk for hosting ventrilo?(for users and pc host) I mean being affected by viruses, trojans, flooding dangers, etc. - NO
    What is the difference between hosting a free and pay-vent? - Pay Vent you have admin rights to create channels and can ban, kick, etc. Free vent you are using someone else vent
    Can a host be affected by laggs? - YES, but not if you have a decent internet connection
    Do host's viruses infect users? - NO, the vent servers are on massive servers owned by companies such as MammothMedia, etc.
    Is here in K4L any guide to host vent? - Your best bet is to visit www.mammothmedia.com for pricing and FAQ's

Hope this helps [/b]
    Mmmm

I'll consider it
    Thanks

oO Jc Oo

dotaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lagggggggggg!! aq!