Very Low FPS...Why? :(

This is a discussion on Very Low FPS...Why? :( within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; so on my laptop KO used to run perfectly fine even with msn, itunes, etc. in the background. by fine ...
Page: 1

EXP Extraordinaire Senior Member HeavensReject's Avatar

Default Very Low FPS...Why? :(

so on my laptop KO used to run perfectly fine even with msn, itunes, etc. in the background. by fine i mean 20-30fps in moradon and when no one was around 40+. then for no reason at all my fps started dropping hardcore. it's been this way now for the better party of a year and i just can't seem to fix it. i can still play on my desktop perfectly fine but i would very much like to fix this problem i tried updating graphics drivers, and the problem persisted. yesterday i even said fuck it and i reformatted and restored my laptop to out of the box factory setting a.k.a. brand new. i downloaded and installed all vista updates (i have vista zzz) downloaded only msn, and KO. i exited ALL background programs and proceeded to log in to KO hoping for a miracle of 25+ fps. alas the below screen shot is what i have simply standing in moradon virtually alone if ANYONE has ANY ideas PLEEEASSSEEE share them i'm willing to try anything at this point as this problem is annoying as FUCK and makes pk on my laptop literally impossible. thanks for reading; and thanks in advance for any help rendered

EDIT: my graphics are as follows: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
    Processors: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.9 GHz
    Computer: HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
    Memory (RAM)-1983 MB
    32-bit Operating System

i'm sure if any1 wants to help they will need more info than that just post what you need and i'll add it in. i'm NOT computer savvy at all so idk what else to put at this point
    Last edited by HeavensReject; 09-25-2009 at 01:41 PM.

omfg sum1 fix this shit lol

youshi

lol i got better computer and i have kinda same problem too, but fps running around 10-15 and when no1 around its 20+.. i dont get why? all what i know got badder specs, still on their computers ko run smoothly...

hatay

Quote Originally Posted by youshi View Post
    lol i got better computer and i have kinda same problem too, but fps running around 10-15 and when no1 around its 20+.. i dont get why? all what i know got badder specs, still on their computers ko run smoothly...
    Same here, i've got a beast computer but i've always lagged on KO even though i can run Crysis in Very High..

my only problem is that my laptop used to run msn, itunes, limewire, and ko PERFECTLY. never any lag even in frist server moradon, etc. etc. then one day it just decided to suck i guess i really don't wanna take it in to have it checked out when that's the only problem with it. this thread is my last ditch effort maybe some1 will know of something i can do :P

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

What happens if you run it in window mode?

Make sure the colour depth is matched between your desktop and the game.

If KO used to run better before, try downgrading the graphics drivers?

Edit: Oh, you might also want to check DirectX is up to date as well

I had the same problem with my laptop. Got rid of the dual core 1 gig ram and got a destop with quad core and 4 gig ram Nvidia vid card and fraps/gamecam work perfectly.

Maybe DirecX? Run dxdiag (windows+r, then type dxdiag), click on the third tab and make sure directdraw, direct3d, texture acceleration is enabled. If one of them is disabled and you can't enable it, it may be a driver problem or the current version of direcx does not support your gfx card.

You can format you computer if it's only for play KO or just Defragment it for run program faster.

I just thinking about another possible error, maybe one of the heat sinks is become loose or a cooler fan is stopped and can't cool enough your cpu of gfx card. Run some hardware monitor to check temperatures, also check voltages in BIOS. +-10% voltage difference is ok.

Hi heaven's, I'm from san diego too.....GO CHARGERS! at least we can still whoop up on KC when we are on a losing streak haha. Well when me or someone i'm consulting gets a new pc or laptop, I usually burn in the hardware by doing a major stress test. This is using software that max's your CPU, hard drive, graphics card, and ram. The idea behind this is when you first get a clean computer it's good to stress it out for 24-48hours to see if any parts fail under heavy usage, before the warranty is up. Much like having a car, if you drive it over for 40mph or push it, you won't find out if any parts are faulty, then 4 years down the road your on your way to vegas doing a 100mph+ and bam, it falls apart like a two dollar TJ watch.

Since you did a fresh install, what you can do now is look for some good freeware for Vista...I have XP so i use different software. They have lots of stress test software for free that is designed for vista. Run the software and see if it's your video card that is just going out, or something else that is unstable, so you know what to replace, if anything. Lots of over clockers use stress tests to make sure their settings won't crash their pc's and that the over clock is stable. But you can use it to diagnosis as well.

Also 2gb of ram is low for Vista. Vista uses around 1GB to run good itself, which leaves only 1gb for all your other programs. So if your programs end up using more than 1GB, it will cut into what vista uses to be stable. I know you said you had your system running fine like that before, but it would be a good idea to upgrade if it supports it. I looked up your model online, some websites say max is 2gb, others say it can handle 2x 2gb sticks(4gb). So it might actually handle more than originally listed with new firmware, or just as is.

The final suggestion I have. Is Vista has had lots of reported programs with Nvidia video cards while using directx 10. Maybe you updated from directx 9 to 10, and that is the issue. I'm not sure since i'm not there to troubleshoot. I believe they have downloads to fix this conflict, which you can google for, or you can try to uninstall directx 10 and install directx 9, and see if shows a difference. Well those are all my suggestions for now, take care.
    Last edited by dagwood; 10-26-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Hi heaven's, I'm from san diego too.....GO CHARGERS! at least we can still whoop up on KC when we are on a losing streak haha. Well when me or someone i'm consulting gets a new pc or laptop, I usually burn in the hardware by doing a major stress test. This is using software that max's your CPU, hard drive, graphics card, and ram. The idea behind this is when you first get a clean computer it's good to stress it out for 24-48hours to see if any parts fail under heavy usage, before the warranty is up. Much like having a car, if you drive it over for 40mph or push it, you won't find out if any parts are faulty, then 4 years down the road your on your way to vegas doing a 100mph+ and bam, it falls apart like a two dollar TJ watch.

Since you did a fresh install, what you can do now is look for some good freeware for Vista...I have XP so i use different software. They have lots of stress test software for free that is designed for vista. Run the software and see if it's your video card that is just going out, or something else that is unstable, so you know what to replace, if anything. Lots of over clockers use stress tests to make sure their settings won't crash their pc's and that the over clock is stable. But you can use it to diagnosis as well.

Also 2gb of ram is low for Vista. Vista uses around 1GB to run good itself, which leaves only 1gb for all your other programs. So if your programs end up using more than 1GB, it will cut into what vista uses to be stable. I know you said you had your system running fine like that before, but it would be a good idea to upgrade if it supports it. I looked up your model online, some websites say max is 2gb, others say it can handle 2x 2gb sticks(4gb). So it might actually handle more than originally listed with new firmware, or just as is.

The final suggestion I have. Is Vista has had lots of reported programs with Nvidia video cards while using directx 10. Maybe you updated from directx 9 to 10, and that is the issue. I'm not sure since i'm not there to troubleshoot. I believe they have downloads to fix this conflict, which you can google for, or you can try to uninstall directx 10 and install directx 9, and see if shows a difference. Well those are all my suggestions for now, take care.
    haha sup man thanks for all the info. and yeah i cant believe we raped KC like that. i took my laptop into bestbuy as it's still under warranty and told em what's goin on. they tried to run sum diagnostics there but said it was totally fucked and woulnd't respond so they sent it out to god knows where it's been almost 1 month and i still don't have it back, or even know what's wrong with it. the guy i talked to at best buy said that my model about 98% of them that were made have huge motherboard issues and that might be what's causing all my problems. so hopefully it comes back to me fixed. anywho thanks all for the input i'll keep ya updated when i get it back.

Good thing it happened while you still have the warranty, because the geeksquad till be bill you a good 50bucks an hour, reguardless if they fix the issue, or make it worse. Motherboard issues would be a huge factor, since your using onboard graphics. Well hope all turns out well, hopefully you get an updated model.

RickKronos

update your driver, and maybe u should clean youur hardware or whatever it is inside, might be lots of dust, or maybe the your computer is too hot.

I think you didn't see the part where he said it's under warranty, bestbuy's geeksquad said it's fucked all to hell and probably has a bad motherboard lol.