Computer randomly freezes

This is a discussion on Computer randomly freezes within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; recently my computer just totally freezes. webpages frozen msn and even my mouse gets frozen. i cant alt tab or ...
Page: 1

lil_mageskillz

recently my computer just totally freezes. webpages frozen msn and even my mouse gets frozen. i cant alt tab or open task manager. this forces me to shut off my computer and restart it. is there any way to fix this? happened like 2 days ago and done it like 4 times.

TNM

recently my computer just totally freezes. webpages frozen msn and even my mouse gets frozen. i cant alt tab or open task manager. this forces me to shut off my computer and restart it. is there any way to fix this? happened like 2 days ago and done it like 4 times.[/b]
    i've had that alot every summer i think its something with graph/vid card being overheated or so at least as soon as i had it frequently during hot days my vid/graph card broke

lil_mageskillz

i've had that alot every summer i think its something with graph/vid card being overheated or so at least as soon as i had it frequently during hot days my vid/graph card broke[/b]
    my computer fan has been making more noise recently that could be it. will anything break if it keeps freezing like this? also is their anything that would help stop this?

TNM

At the end of the previous summer i put a big fan at the pc at the side where the chassis can be opened, still that card has survived so far. I'm not sure whether it helps or not, but i assume it does. it could also be that im absolutely wrong cuz im not a pc expert, but i guess its worth trying :P

evilwevel

probably just dust between the cooling fins of your cpu's cooler and / or graphic unit. open your case, clean out the dust and it should do fine.

remove the fan and fins and blow on them until all the dust is gone. you can also use some sort of brush (i use a brush for painting) if you don't want to blow cause it's summer and you're lazy :P