Server IP'S

This is a discussion on Server IP'S within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Many people say that we can change the IP in Server.ini file.... How do u do that , what is ...
Page: 1

szymen

Unhappy

Many people say that we can change the IP in Server.ini file....
    How do u do that , what is it for, and what do u change it to???? :huh:

here IPs... on right side

http://www.ko4life.com/serverstatus.html

and u need to copy 1 of that ips and put into Server.ini file like this...

from this original:

[codebox][Server]
    Count=1
    IP0=login.knightonlineworld.com

[Version]
    Files=1473

[Join]
    Registration site=http://www.knightonlineworld.com/joinus.asp[/codebox]

to:

[codebox][Server]
    Count=1
    IP0=207.38.30.62

[Version]
    Files=1473

[Join]
    Registration site=http://www.knightonlineworld.com/joinus.asp[/codebox]

szymen

Arrow

Thanx but what is this for?
    Is it like a better chance of logging into the server or something?
    I have no idea what it is for... please tell me :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

that is for login server...

szymen

Arrow

No but.... why do u change the ip?
    Is it like... when u change ip (for example) to ares1 ip which is: 207.38.30.52, and then when u login, does it go to that world automatically or what?
    Cuz i have never changed the ip and it worked normally.....
    I am new to Knight Online so i dont know that stuff. :huh: :P

By default u have configured as IP0 login.knightonlineworld.com which is just a round robin of all those IPs that u see in the Server Status page. That means it will randomly pick any of those IPs. If u want to force a particular IP, u can change login.knightonlineworld.com for one of those IPs.

Why would u wanna do that? Lets say there are 3 login servers down and the rest are up. Since its random, there's a chance u will pick one of the down logins. Windows usually caches names so that IP might be stuck for a while til u pick another one and wont be able to log in the game. U can change that by manually picking one of the working login servers, otherwise u will get "Cant login" over and over, eventho some logins are up.

Usually u can just leave the default, but if u wanna get in the game before everyone else at server restarts for example, its a good practice to always keep an eye to a status page and see which login servers are up, so u can change your serves.ini and use those that are up, instead of the default.

szymen

Lightbulb

By default u have configured as IP0 login.knightonlineworld.com which is just a round robin of all those IPs that u see in the Server Status page. That means it will randomly pick any of those IPs. If u want to force a particular IP, u can change login.knightonlineworld.com for one of those IPs.

Why would u wanna do that? Lets say there are 3 login servers down and the rest are up. Since its random, there's a chance u will pick one of the down logins. Windows usually caches names so that IP might be stuck for a while til u pick another one and wont be able to log in the game. U can change that by manually picking on of the working login servers.

Usually u can just leave the default, but if u wanna get in the game before everyone else at server restarts for example, its a good practice to always keep an eye to a status page and see which login servers are up, so u can change your serves.ini and use those that are up, instead of the default.[/b]

Ya but if u choose IP then if this ip is down u wont be able to login right?
    Or does it like wait until the ip will be on?
    In MY opinion it is better to stay on the default one....
    I am going to try it the way u said and see if its eally better but for now i cant login cuz all the servers are full and im not a premium....

Thats why u should keep an eye on the Server Status so u always have a login that is up, or just leave the default. Matter of choice.

When I played KO, I left the default and only changed to a particular IP if I was unable to log in or if I wanted to log in first after a server restart.

szymen

OK thank you man that really helped me,
    I realized that the ip thing works faste and loads much faster FOR ME but i dont like that i always have to look at the server status so i left it defult. Thanx anyways