Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vista Problems Fixed.

This is a discussion on Vista Problems Fixed. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; EDIT: For those browsing the topic, the below problem is now resolved by K2's xtrap patch. Well after this new ...
Page: 1

EDIT: For those browsing the topic, the below problem is now resolved by K2's xtrap patch.

Well after this new patch, i'm just curious if anyo ther Vista users have found the same issue i have.. Upon exiting ko normally, Ko closes in what appears a normal fashion.. but right after it exits out it turns into a small window-mode view where it just sits there and i can't exit it, i can't open task manager, i cant do anything really.. won't let me restart my comp or jack shit =X So basically, im forced to hard boot my comp (hate doing that -.-) and reload Vista.

Yes, i ran KO and Ventrilo in administrator mode as usual..

Here's the odd thing; I tried exiting KO by closing the game via Task Manager and doing "End Task" and it exited just fine :\ J.c. if anyone has found this same thing / has found a way to fix it.

sime217

ye same thing here, and while in game i cant open any browsers :S
    also, can u open task manager while still in game?
    cause i cant after i close KO

PSYK0SIN

Out of topic but:
    For gaming Vista isnt that great :/ i bought a laptop with vista it was a mess with all the old applications that i sed to have i had to re install Xp :/

yes im having same probelm =(

ye same thing here, and while in game i cant open any browsers :S
    also, can u open task manager while still in game?
    cause i cant after i close KO[/b]
    nope not really.. here's what i've come to the conclusion of.. basically u just needa have the browser ur gonna wanna use open prior to loading ko (i havent tried running as an administrator though, maybe that would help?) and ALWAYS have task manager open BEFORE loading ko.. you can't open it once u load up KO, so have it there and neverrrrr exit it. As long as u have it, u can exit KO normally thru ending the process instead of hitting Exit.

DM:X

when u run ko, and while u are playing ko. u cant open any other tasks. ALT+CTRL+DEL wont work either. and when u exit ko. its still there and u cant do any shit. just fuked up

im also using vista, seems like its running fine tou,havent met any of thosep problems.. yet :P

Same problem with my laptop.
    Another KO vs. Vista situation -_-

ILoveYouToo

The real solution to this problem is to use Xp instead ;D. Either way you should make a topic about this on the official forums if you already haven't so at least someone from k2 see's it since this isn't just affecting one person.

Tiberiuske

Hmmm,Same problem here,i usaly start task manager then start ko and keep task manager open util quit ko and quit it whit task manager.But i hope they will fix this problem soon....in 2009 maby...probably... 2010..or somthing like that

-Lien

turko_haydar

ALL ABOVE ...>SAME Fken problem THIS IS Gonna ***k my comp up manually closing zzzz people send support tickets for them to fix this problem

Ultra_mage_Jano

Same problem since the new patch, missed dungeon becus of it =(

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

I think Vista is a OS more for offices and stuff. Its not really meant for home use.. thats why it hasn't made it that big (into homes i mean) as XP. Its a bit like ME.. you dont see many people with ME in their homes.

Hope you get your problem sorted out mate =]

Destro

zz same here....

The real solution to this problem is to use Xp instead ;D. Either way you should make a topic about this on the official forums if you already haven't so at least someone from k2 see's it since this isn't just affecting one person.[/b]
    there is 2 topics so far on the official, sent in a few cs tickets, and got a few friends to do the same. really sux

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast