How To Edit Start Up Programs

This is a discussion on How To Edit Start Up Programs within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Okay for those of you who dont already know how to do this, this is how you edit your start ...
Page: 1

Banned

Okay for those of you who dont already know how to do this, this is how you edit your start up programs. For people who have dozens of programs on start up which causes start ups to take a bit longer and eat more RAM.

[1] Press Start

[2] Press Run

[3] In run type in MSCONFIG [i](I will use Windows Live Messanger as an example)</span>

[1] Hit Ctrl + Delete

[1] This should open the Windows Task Manager

[2] Find the application under the Applications tab

[3] Right click it

[4] Press Go To Process

[5] This should take you to the Processes tab

[6] The processes name for the application you where looking for should be highlighted

[7] Look for that process in the System Configuration Utility

<div align="center">Tutorial By: SnootchieBootchie
    Images By: <span style="color:#FFA500">SnootchieBootchie
    </div>

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

It&#39;s cool and all but most people don&#39;t even know what those applications are for hence disabling them might result in some complications(the most common error I&#39;ve seen people disabling their router applications therefore they can not connect to internet =D ). Also most backdoor applications don&#39;t appear on "Task Manager" application tab so disabling services via msconfig should be taken case by case bases.

Banned

Someone helped me with this once. All he did was type in the startup item in google. He then thought if it was a program needed to be started or not.

Banned

Thanks a lot.

How about removing programs that do not show on the "Add/Remove Programs" option in the control panel?

Banned

Thanks a lot.

How about removing programs that do not show on the "Add/Remove Programs" option in the control panel?[/b]
    Launch the application you want removed, find the processes name in the task manager ( Ctrl + Alt + Delete ). Search the processes name on your computer to find containing folder and delete manually.