Wana make $5 fixing my fuzzy mic, come on in

This is a discussion on Wana make $5 fixing my fuzzy mic, come on in within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well i got a mic and somehow it makes like a weird noise in the background and been like this ...
Page: 1

Default Wana make $5 fixing my fuzzy mic, come on in

well i got a mic and somehow it makes like a weird noise in the background and been like this with all the mics so im guessing its the pc. Anyone have any ideas that will fix this prob. Whoever gets this sht fixed will get $5 via pp

Banned

Perhaps u have microphone boost on or off changing/messing this may result in a fix
    To do this open volume control, options make sure advanced controls are shown, then under microphone click advanced and mess with the settings there, GL

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kainwardric View Post
    Perhaps u have microphone boost on or off changing/messing this may result in a fix
    To do this open volume control, options make sure advanced controls are shown, then under microphone click advanced and mess with the settings there, GL
    What he said. If your on vista, theres an option to reduce static background noise.

It may also be a soundcard issue. Grab a new one from wal-mart for like 20$, the soundblaster one.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

tried all none of them work and know i can only hear out of one side of my headphones <.<, dunno how to get to the pic u posted ,i have xp btw

Quote Originally Posted by wicked123 View Post
    tried all none of them work and know i can only hear out of one side of my headphones <.<, dunno how to get to the pic u posted ,i have xp btw
    that's for Vista/7 I believe

Use the motherboard info and find new drivers...

1 side works and the other doesnt -> connection problem, most modern PCs have 2 holes to place your mic in, infront of the box and behind the box with rest of the wires.

back plugs dont work only front ones dunno why, if i move the front ones a bit both sides start working but the go back to normal

if you can move your jacks then maybe thats the prob? open the computer see if the cabels to the jacks are connected on both ends

back plugs dont work only front ones dunno why, if i move the front ones a bit both sides start working but the go back to normal
    You need a new sound card then, they dont cost much nowadays. An inexpensive sound card of any brand, costing only $10-20, together with an inexpensive pair of speakers, is adequate.

If you want to add a sound card to your computer, or upgrade the sound card that it already has, you have several options. A number of specialized PC sound cards are available for the discriminating audio connoisseur:

An MP3 card: If you’re an MP3 wizard with a hard drive’s worth of MP3 digital audio files, you’ll appreciate one of these specialized audio cards. An MP3 card contains a hardware encoder/decoder, which speeds up your PC’s ripping (the process of creating MP3 digital audio files from existing audio CDs) and MP3-playing performance.

A 24-bit card: For the absolute best in audio reproduction, go for 24-bit audio (that’s 192 KHz, for you audioheads), which is far superior to the sound produced by virtually all audio CD players.

These cards can also support DVD audio, feature front-panel controls that fit in an open drive bay, and carry a built-in FireWire port — which is just the whipped cream and cherry on the sundae.

A surround sound card: These cards are specifically designed for 3D environmental audio within games and for full Dolby surround sound support when you watch DVD movies on your PC. Naturally, you need more than two mundane speakers from a discount store to enjoy the full effect — which is why a premium set of speakers is usually included with these cards.

that might be it, atm i just got an integrated sound card

Wink

Could be from your input slots of your computer that are not doing the job...

You also mentioned problems with your headphones, does it do the same with 'normal' speakers? If you get it 'working' for a while when you move it around then its definitely to do with connection.

If you don't get trouble with your normal speakers than for 10-20$ i would tell ya buy a usb connected set of headphones...they turned out to be gr8 for me

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Iyegamer; 12-31-2009 at 05:42 AM. Reason: I need to learn how to read....

Banned Member

I have the same problem you do with your headphones , I gotta play with the plug to get to hear from both sides and sometimes the sound gets crap till I start playing with it.