Vista + ventrilo + ko and Vista + SLI + KO

This is a discussion on Vista + ventrilo + ko and Vista + SLI + KO within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; My computer plays KO in vista with no lag and some 20-25% cpu and memory being used, but when ventrilo ...
Page: 1

cerebus

My computer plays KO in vista with no lag and some 20-25% cpu and memory being used, but when ventrilo is being used at the same time - it tends to be ok for 20-30 minutes and after that it gradually degrades to a realllllly laggy experience. The memory and cpu usage stays the same, still alot free - but even when I closed down KO it stays the laggy, all sounds are scratching and even draggin a window gives me continuos lag. Basically I think its some sound drivers interface within ventrilo doing something really stupid, but I've tried some different vent settings and cant seem to get rid of it. Anyone with same/similar problems solved it?

Another thing is KO randomly crashes when I have SLI enabled on my graphics cards. I downloaded some hotfixes from nvidia, but nothing seemed to cure it. Atm its no problem just disabling SLI but some day I would wanna enable it for something else I'm sure of. The cards are 2 geforce 8600 GTS, if it matters (I'd believe the SLI drivers and interface are rather similar among models).

trance addict Senior Member sommarblond's Avatar

Vista sucks dude

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Vista sucks dude[/b]
    i play on vista with no problems... only problem ive ever had is the initial log in to the server i cant click, prss ctrl or alt tab but that 5 seconds of time isnt that big of a problem

Cammers91

Vista Has to Many Holes And Bugs Within the operating system that makes it unstable

venom

I got Vista and they've done alot fixing patches and i dont have any problems with it.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

I have vista and I think it's just too sophisticated.. Running KO and other programs as Admin each log kills me too, especially when I need to relog fast for bosses.. Even when I load 30 times in 1 day into the same server and character, it will never load as fast as it takes my xp desktop to load on it's second load. Vista is just wack, and it sucks that all future computers will probably be using it rather than xp.. Things feel too bulky when I'm on vista.

I'm sorry I've never heard of this problem you have, hope you find a solution to it soon..

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

I have vista and I think it's just too sophisticated.. Running KO and other programs as Admin each log kills me too, especially when I need to relog fast for bosses.. Even when I load 30 times in 1 day into the same server and character, it will never load as fast as it takes my xp desktop to load on it's second load. Vista is just wack, and it sucks that all future computers will probably be using it rather than xp.. Things feel too bulky when I'm on vista.

I'm sorry I've never heard of this problem you have, hope you find a solution to it soon..[/b]
    i dont have problem with relog i am in 30 - 60 sec on vista in xp take me more time to log u just dont know how to run vista

i have vista, and nooo laggs.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

i dont have problem with relog i am in 30 - 60 sec on vista in xp take me more time to log u just dont know how to run vista [/b]
    teach me how to run vista then it would help me lots if you actually/really have any "tips"

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Umm I had same problem on xp dunno if it works on u but I don't know how to say in english :/

Like how important a program is. Normally it stands on normal and put it into higher.

Worked for me.

cerebus

Meh, thread turned into another does vista suck thread, haven't there already been like 215 of them in this forum? (found them all whilst looking if anyone posted about same problem as me).

I would say thanks for the response, if they weren't all off-topic. Sorry to be a bitch but it amazes me people can't even read the topic title.

VISTA IS GAY!!!!

xp ftw!!!