Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weird fps problem ever since new ati card.

This is a discussion on Weird fps problem ever since new ati card. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey guys, Ever since i went from Nvidia to Ati i got this weird problem. I noticed when my inventory ...
Page: 1

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

Hey guys,

Ever since i went from Nvidia to Ati i got this weird problem. I noticed when my inventory contains stuff like armor or weapons (without numbers) then i can open my inventory without problems but, once i put stuff in it like pots (this has numbers on it) or whatever then i start getting a huge fps drain. (having 10 items in my inventory with numbers on them then my fps goes from 40 to 7-10)

I've already tried a fresh install of Windows XP. First with the drivers on the cd and later with the latest drivers from the ati website and neither of that solved the problem.

I only have problems with knight online, other games all run smooth.

Btw the card i went from was a Nvidia 6600GT 128MB and atm im using a Radeon 3850 512MB.

So can anyone please help me on this issue? i've already spended hours solving this problem but without results

no one knows?

bump! problem still here..
    i've posted the problem in official ko as well:
    http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=197322

some things which i tried so far,

- totaly reinstalling windows xp
    - tried 8 different drivers for my graphic card (1 from cd 2 from ati 6 from sapphire)
    - tried every possible option in the game for settings and on ati CCC
    - i totaly cleaned my pc from viruses and malware (Avast - spyware doctor)
    - tried different versions of the game (since their are private servers..)

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

HI DID YOU GET YOUR DRIVERS FOR YOUR NEW CARD?

yeah i tried 8 different ones.

evilwevel

pentium 4 processor ?

a bit more system information would be useful.

Processor = Celeron D 3.35ghz
    Memory = 2GB of Kingston running at DDR1 400mhz
    Power supply = 460W cooler master
    Mobo = Gigabyte GA-8S661FXM-775 (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

the problem started when i placed my new graphic card. these components always worked fine with the old card, so i dont think that this has much to do with it.

evilwevel

well, when you put a new card in an old system it could lead to all sorts of trouble.

anyway, try this hotfix and see if this improves anything http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages...tAGPHotfix.aspx

thx for the help, but still same problem.

If your other games run fine, then it most certainly seems that it is a conflicting problem with KO and the hardware. The 3850 is a budget card but decent. KO itself isn't demanding as other games in terms of textures and such, but it can be picky in regards to hardware. My suggestion is to upgrade to another nVidia card, or build a new machine that uses PCI-E. AGP is so ancient :P.

wawh

go buy a new memory and you'll be fine, ddr1 contradicts with such a new graphic card so buy ddr2 or ddr3

also probably causing slow loads now because of it

well its only speculation but i think thats the problem

well i was planning on buying a new pc later this year, but just need to make some cash >_<

and ddr1 is the max my pc can handle.

yamato

im also facing fps problem .... normaly get only below 30 ... dunno why .... im using ati radeon 4670 with driver ver 9.4

hope any1 can help ....

i have 4 GB RAM( 3.4 for 32 bit OS)
    winxp sp3
    PENTIUM D 3Ghz

Hey guys,

Ever since i went from Nvidia to Ati i got this weird problem. I noticed when my inventory contains stuff like armor or weapons (without numbers) then i can open my inventory without problems but, once i put stuff in it like pots (this has numbers on it) or whatever then i start getting a huge fps drain. (having 10 items in my inventory with numbers on them then my fps goes from 40 to 7-10)[/b]
    I have this problem too. i posted it here in the fps topic, i made a topic on the official site too (http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/f...&#entry1280208)

Hi!

My computer is an Acer Aspire 5530-602G16Mi
    -AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core QL-60
    -1,9 GHz
    - 2048 MB DDR2
    - ATI Radeon HD3200 256MB

After istalling the patch released last week, my fps decreased to 9-10 in cz town. When im in gangbang pk situation my screen freezes for secs. Before the last patch, KO ran perfectly on this laptop...

I scanned my computer with avast and adaware too, i ran disk defragmenter too.
    I downloaded TuneUp Utilities 2009. I hope it will help (somebody posted it here).
    I downloaded the latest driver for my video card.
    I tried to change options in the ATI catalyst control center as they suggest on their official site.

But my fps in KO
    -9-15in cz town
    -4,5-10in moradon
    -and i registered 2,5 during pk

Do u have any ideas suggestions?
    I cant play with this frame lag. So please help me.
    Ty in advance.[/b]
    So after the last patch KO&#39;s fps is lower than before.

Im calm now. Its a regular problem of the ATI users, so my computer is ok. I hope they will fix it soon, thats why i made a topic on the official site. Pls reply there too if u have the same problem to let K2 knows theres something wrong...

Hypnos

It&#39;s not your system. I&#39;ve always had problems with ATi cards and KO (and other games too). All you can do to fix them is just driver russian roulette. Usually the older ones work the best. Make sure you completely uninstall the old drivers before installing new ones and always say "Yes" to replacing files.

If you can&#39;t find drivers that can get rid of your problems, the only thing to do is sell the card and buy a new one (preferably nVidia).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast