What is BIOS?

This is a discussion on What is BIOS? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; and how do i update it? ty :wub:...
Page: 1

Default What is BIOS?

and how do i update it?

ty :wub:

BIOS = basic input output system

Its a chip on ur motherboard that control every hardware of ur computer

If u wanna update it u must know the name of ur motherboard (which company and model name), when u figured that out go to their homepage and download the newest BIOS patch.

U can see ur current BIOS version by restart ur computer and see what it says at the bottem, while ur computer counting ur memory and detecting drives

If u dont know how to do that, download sandra and see what motherboard u got

PS: Be very careful when u update ur bios, u must be 100% sure the patch u download match ur motherboard 100%, or else u r gonna fuck up ur motherboard permanently

Nosferatu_Incognito

basic input/output system

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/B/BIOS.html

To update your Bios you need to know who made your motherboard and go to thier website. Under downloads you should be able to fine a list of updated drivers for you motherboard.

If you don't know who made your motherboard there are two option. Open the computer case, and look for a manufactures name and model number.

If you don't want to open up your computer the I would strongly recommend taking it into a computer store and ask them to check the computer over and update all the drivers. most computer stores will do this at a set rate.[/quote]

Nosferatu_Incognito

bah, captain in first place.

I'm just to damn slow

Originally posted by Nosferatu_Incognito
    bah, captain in first place.

I'm just to damn slow
    lol

ok, ty , ill try to find the model n things