Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What OS Should I choose?

This is a discussion on What OS Should I choose? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; First i was thinking about going with a 64 bit OS, but i don't think i need more than 3 ...
Page: 1

Barbarrier

First i was thinking about going with a 64 bit OS, but i don't think i need more than 3 gigs of ram. Also i do not want to go through the mission of finding all those drivers, and updates and stuff. So I'm going to stay with a 32 bit. NOW I'm not sure if to choose

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit $99.00

or

Windows Xp Professional Sp2 32-bit $134.00

The problem is i know Xp Pro is better at least for right now, but 30 bucks is a difference i do not want to pay. Second of all EVENTUALLY vista is going to get better. I do not want to spend $134.00 and then spend another $99.00 upgrading to Vista. Also Vista has Direct X 10, and i heard that its a BIG DIFFERENCE, from DirectX 9.

Here are my PC Components. AMD Athlon x2 dual core 6400+3.2ghz black edition. 250gb hard drive, 2gb ram, XFX 8600 GT 512mb, and a GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard.

Tell me what you guys think.

Thank you

DarK

Imo, i would take professional, i just dont like vista >_>

But i know someone who has vista and he seems to be fine with it, just u gotta do some different stuff..

I.E run KO and Vent as administrator, and dont press buttons while your logging in!

go xp vista gay as shit

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

XP all the way...

Barbarrier

Bump

Banned

Windows Xp 4EveR

Banned

buying Xp is A WASTE simply because after 2009 there wont be any more updates for it , go Vista for longterm thats a must.
    Even tho buying Software etc is stupid :P

Your pc supports Win vista without problems, if you dont want to upgrade to Vista later, just get it now. Or maybe get the pirate version of XP if you dont want to spend money on OS.

evilwevel

i would advice vista in your case. simply because you've already chosen for vista. you might not know it yet, but you made it very clear that you don't want to pay for xp and then switch to vista in 2 years or so and that you find $30 a big diffrence now. also your system is capable of running vista without a problem so there are no real problems holding you back.

you'll expierience alot of difficulties getting some games to work or to find drivers for some hardware, but i'm pretty sure it won't take that long until vista compatible drivers come out (since vista's out quite a while now).

an no i'm no vista fan, but if i would buy a new OS right now i would go for vista to, because of the price diffrence and the fact that xp will slowly run out of support (just like win 98).(but i don't buy my OS, so i stick with xp until there's enough support for vista :lol: , i have my installer and keys for every version )

Banned

Mac, so you can stay away from KO

Barbarrier

My mind is going towards vista right now.

iKon

im using vista for some time now and its ok, i think when some1 said xp forever vista is not good its like when u used black and white TV and then come color TV and u said black and white forever no color...lol

stefann

Linux wtf <3

TwistTheKnife

The majority of people who talk shit about Vista haven&#39;t even used it. Or the people that do talk shit about it are running it on shitty under powered computers. The truth is Vista is the new mainstream OS and your gonna have to get it sooner or later. XP is outdated and will soon become obsolete like most other OS&#39;s become. You wouldn&#39;t still use Window&#39;s 95 would you? Assuming you have the proper hardware to run it, Vista is a very nice, user friendly OS that makes finding things on your computer very easy. I&#39;ve also noticed much less spyware and overall junk winding up on my computer compared to XP finding shit on it with every scan. Overall, I&#39;m very satisfied with Window&#39;s Vista on my computer.

xdiablox

The majority of people who talk shit about Vista haven&#39;t even used it. Or the people that do talk shit about it are running it on shitty under powered computers. The truth is Vista is the new mainstream OS and your gonna have to get it sooner or later. XP is outdated and will soon become obsolete like most other OS&#39;s become. You wouldn&#39;t still use Window&#39;s 95 would you? Assuming you have the proper hardware to run it, Vista is a very nice, user friendly OS that makes finding things on your computer very easy. I&#39;ve also noticed much less spyware and overall junk winding up on my computer compared to XP finding shit on it with every scan. Overall, I&#39;m very satisfied with Window&#39;s Vista on my computer.[/b]

Thats HOW WE DO . <^>(>.<)<^>

isnt that right twist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast