what's the name of the program that turns off that CPU limiter?

This is a discussion on what's the name of the program that turns off that CPU limiter? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I can't play KO on my lappy because I get disgusting fps, and I remember reading about a program that ...
Page: 1

I can't play KO on my lappy because I get disgusting fps, and I remember reading about a program that vista has that limits your CPU so you don't over heat. I believe this is the culprit. I also recall reading about a 3rd party program that simply turns off this limiter. I bought an external fan, so I'm not worried about heat at all. Does anyone know the name of this program?

Thanks a bunch,
    James

P.s. I'm fucking using linux or mac OS for my next comp. Way to fucking drop the ball microsoft.

evilwevel

if you can cool a cpu with an external fan i would really want to see that fan :blink:

believe me that cpu limiter thing in vista is so you don't use your full capacity when you don't need it. when playing a game you can be pretty sure it uses 100% of it's capacity.

ofc. it's also against overheating cause a cpu breaks after about 3-20 seconds, depending wich type it is , without a cpu fan. so for the love of god DON'T cancel this.