k, ventrilo, vista, and knight online

This is a discussion on k, ventrilo, vista, and knight online within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Couldn't find anything about it in a casual search, dunno if anyone has encountered the same problem. Basically, since I ...
Page: 1

Aba

Couldn't find anything about it in a casual search, dunno if anyone has encountered the same problem.

Basically, since I got this new computer, which has vista on it (not sure if that's relevent), I have not been able to use ventrilo properly. It works, but when I am actually in game (full screen, haven't tried it in window, but don't want to play in window) ventrilo doesn't respond to my push to talk button.

When I alt tab out of ko, vent works fine. When I'm in KO, I can hear people, but they can't hear me.

My push to talk button is Left Alt, but I tried changing that to Left Control, and Mouse 3, both had the same problem - So I know that's not it.

Comments? Advice?

Cammers91

Couldn't find anything about it in a casual search, dunno if anyone has encountered the same problem.
    Basically, since I got this new computer, which has vista on it (not sure if that's relevent), I have not been able to use ventrilo properly. It works, but when I am actually in game (full screen, haven't tried it in window, but don't want to play in window) ventrilo doesn't respond to my push to talk button.

When I alt tab out of ko, vent works fine. When I'm in KO, I can hear people, but they can't hear me.

My push to talk button is Left Alt, but I tried changing that to Left Control, and Mouse 3, both had the same problem - So I know that's not it.
    Comments? Advice?[/b]
    hmm im not too fimilar to Vista but maybe the Ventrilo setting there might be something to do with "full screen applications" and ventrillo wont response when full screen applications are running. I Dont know However have a go by putting ko in a window mode.

CallMeNoob

Nope here is how to slove it
    go ventrilo floder
    - right click on the ventrilo2.3.0.exe
    - click on properties
    - move to the compatibility tab
    - Put a tick in the "Execute with Administrator rights" check box
    -And u have upper to tick in the place with windows xp serive pack 2 i got vista not in english so can tell u exacily
    but it sloves the problem

sexa

go ventrilo floder
    - click on properties
    -And u have upper to tick in the place with windows xp serive pack 2 i got vista not in english so can tell u exacily
    but it sloves the problem[/b]
    that should solve also u can right click on vent link and choose run as administrator everytime u run it. better solution is to turn off `user account control` from control panel/user accounts

Aba

go ventrilo floder
    - click on properties
    but it sloves the problem[/b]

thanks kanka, I'll see if it worked later.

C4ptainCrunch

thanks kanka, I'll see if it worked later.[/b]

If that does not work just run vent as administrator also. That seems to do the trick for me.

CallMeNoob

If that does not work just run vent as administrator also. That seems to do the trick for me.[/b]

Is the same like run as adminastartor -_-