where are msn emoticons stored

This is a discussion on where are msn emoticons stored within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i have custom emoticons saved on my msn....i want to switch to a new msn but they dont switch over ...
Page: 1

Banned

i have custom emoticons saved on my msn....i want to switch to a new msn but they dont switch over

where are they saved

i looked in program files then messenger and msnlive and i dont see the emoticons anywhere

Banned Senior Member

C:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger

There will be alot of folders... you gotta find which one has "Custom Emoticons" in them. There will be a few with that folder but only one of them actually has the files. You need to turn on hidden folders/files and the "show extention even if known". The images will all be .dat files, just rename then to .gif and you will then be able to see which emot it was

Banned

ok i did look in that folder but i didnt have the "show hidden folders" option on....where do i turn that on

Banned Senior Member

Tools>folder options>View>"Show Hidden files and folders"

Banned

ty

Banned

C:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger

There will be alot of folders... you gotta find which one has "Custom Emoticons" in them. There will be a few with that folder but only one of them actually has the files. You need to turn on hidden folders/files and the "show extention even if known". The images will all be .dat files, just rename then to .gif and you will then be able to see which emot it was[/b]
    when i look in that folder all i see is like 100 folders with #'s on them and no folder for emoticons

mine save in My Documents/My Conversations / (whatever month u got the emoticon) / Images

hope it helps :unsure: