Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lags coz of router or something

This is a discussion on lags coz of router or something within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ive been having problem with lags since i installed a router (had a modem before) and now everyday i lag ...
Page: 1

Validating

ive been having problem with lags since i installed a router (had a modem before) and now everyday i lag all day till it is like 2 am and then i dont lag when not many ppl r on, my friend told me it is coz of router, i rang my internet provider and they havent helped much, i also tried puttign my modem back and it still lags as hell also downloads r slow sometimes, and i reformated pc so no virus or spyware, anything i could do about it?

Validating

bump

llJuanMall

before u use ur router make sure u put a password to your network, maybe other people are using ur network and thats why u're laggin xD

I have this problem too

I have two questions on a rooter

first : HOW can I install a password?
    Second : How can I tranfer from a cumputer to another with a rooter

Validating

same question i always wanted to put pass on rooter how do i do so? :]

Cammers91

I have this problem too

I have two questions on a rooter

first : HOW can I install a password?
    Second : How can I tranfer from a cumputer to another with a rooter[/b]

same question i always wanted to put pass on rooter how do i do so? :][/b]
    Encryption On Router Varys Depending on what router you have
    best idea

is to take a look at the book or look online and do reasearch about YOUR router.

Validating

my router is TMM-SIEMENS SL2-141
    could it actualy be causing the problem that many ppl log my router?, anyone else installed pass on their router?

tamachan

Go to the Ip Gate way of ur Router, example : 198.***.**.*) Go to ur Internet Browser, Firefox or IE will do.
    Type the Ip address and press Go. It will go to a website where u set all ur router infomations, there is a Security Option, Click it and Generate ur Password and then finally Save settings and done. Ur Internet may reset, if it does then ur done.

Validating

i did wat u said but when i put in the ip gate way on ie shows me a window to put in my pass, and it shows my email and that i need to put pass but doesnt work when i put pass..

tamachan

i did wat u said but when i put in the ip gate way on ie shows me a window to put in my pass, and it shows my email and that i need to put pass but doesnt work when i put pass..[/b]
    Yes u have to put pass as "admin" Default password, type admin dont type the " "
    it should work 100% if not Reset ur router by pressing a small red button holding it for 40 seconds. :P good luck~
    If u type ur password wrongly u can always reset ur router by the button :P

Dont forget!

Email or Id leave blank
    password : admin

Validating

i tried putting admin as password didnt work, and i dont see any button wich resets it, unless u mean the one who turns it off and on =/

tamachan

i tried putting admin as password didnt work, and i dont see any button wich resets it, unless u mean the one who turns it off and on =/[/b]
    hmm.. ok try this, off ur router by the plug connected to the router NOT THE SWITCH, plug it out... wait 40-45 seconds and plug it in, it should take longer time to load then it usually does and try putting password as admin again, someone may have did the thing i told u and put pass on ur router...

Try finding the button again.. it has to be there... every router has a tiny red button hidden...

Validating

thnx ill try it, btw could this be the problem causing the lag, at like 2 in the morning i have no lag at all i guess coz all ppl r asleep :S

Validating

ok ive loged router by the IP gateway but duno how to change pass

tamachan

ok ive loged router by the IP gateway but duno how to change pass[/b]
    find the wireless secuirty setting tab good luck :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast