wierd computer lag

This is a discussion on wierd computer lag within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok so yesterday i was playing around with custom UI/target markers and after that, i started to lag so i ...
Page: 1

zrocker0404

Default wierd computer lag

Ok so yesterday i was playing around with custom UI/target markers and after that, i started to lag so i deleted everything i had downloaded that day. I have a brand new computer (may2009) dual core pentium processor, 4 gigs of ram, and built in video card(never had a problem 40+fps, 20+ in moradon).

Problem: when playing it seems like i have 1-3 seconds of lag every couple of seconds, which is very annoying. I'm on a lan line so its not my internet. I check my ping in vent when i lag and im always at 39-42. I ran a virus scan with AVG8.5 (paid) and ran a spyware scan with maylwarebytes. i defraged, did a disk check, and everything i could think of. I havent reinstalled yet, i have restarteed my computer multiple times, so wtf is wrong with my computer im getting pissed

Quote Originally Posted by zrocker0404 View Post
    Ok so yesterday i was playing 3]around with custom UI/target markers and after that, i started to lag so i deleted everything i had downloaded that day. I have a brand new computer (may2009) 1]dual core pentium processor, 4 gigs of ram, and 2]built in video card(never had a problem 40+fps, 20+ in moradon).

Problem: when playing it seems like i have 1-3 seconds of lag every couple of seconds, which is very annoying. I'm on a lan line so its not my internet. I check my ping in vent when i lag and im always at 39-42. I ran a virus scan with AVG8.5 (paid) and ran a spyware scan with maylwarebytes. i defraged, did a disk check, and everything i could think of. I havent reinstalled yet, i have restarteed my computer multiple times, so wtf is wrong with my computer im getting pissed
    1] That tells us nothing about what kind it is
    2] You really need a video card dude Onboard suck z.z;
    3] And you do realize that is illegal to modify anything to do with KO right?
    4 - Main problem] You can't be on a lan line or else that would mean KO would be a network at your house which I highly doubt.
    5] It could be various thing's, your not telling us shit on what happened before this started dude.

It could be some sort of virus that the virus scanner isn't picking up for some reason [which is possible, please don't say it isn't]
    I would also recommend you getting Spy bot Search and destroy / Ad aware - both are very good one's and they are well known for their anti-spyware and adware.
    Avg is a good virus scanner, I use it myself quite often ^^.

And what program did you use to defrag and do a disk check?

I would use TuneUp Utilities to clean up the registry errors and do the disk cleanup, And for a defrag program I would use IOBIT Smart defrag, I been using it for like a few months now and I can really say it does wonders for compacting stuff. I would send you a SS at what I mean by compacting it but the drives I use are like nearly fully filled, I need to start deleting them and all but to lazy xD;.
    Last edited by VictoryAkara; 10-13-2009 at 04:37 AM.

zrocker0404

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryAkara View Post
    1] That tells us nothing about what kind it is
    2] You really need a video card dude Onboard suck z.z;
    3] And you do realize that is illegal to modify anything to do with KO right?
    4 - Main problem] You can't be on a lan line or else that would mean KO would be a network at your house which I highly doubt.
    5] It could be various thing's, your not telling us shit on what happened before this started dude.
    i dont think what kind it is matters...
    yea onboard sucks but its ok for now
    yea i do, if i didnt know that do you think i would've even known how to edit it?
    yes, i do have a network, my dad owns a network solution/computer business
    what do you mean before? i've ran ko perfect for 5 months, never DC (only archer dc) and told you it started happening the day i tried editting crap

As for now, it seems ok, i changed all my UI back to standard and i dont lag, just sometimes which is still wierd, i'll see how it goes, i've heard alot of other people lag like i have recently too.