Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Win XP 64 Bit or Vista 64 Bit

This is a discussion on Win XP 64 Bit or Vista 64 Bit within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Vista 32 bit supports 4 GB Ram,but you must calculate your RAM - the RAM of your graphic card.That means,if ...
Page: 2

GeneralDeath

Vista 32 bit supports 4 GB Ram,but you must calculate your RAM - the RAM of your graphic card.That means,if you have 4 GB Ram and a GeForce with 512 MB,32 bit only uses 3,5 GB of your regular RAM.

But mate,the 800 RAM which you want to use makes NO difference....I tested it myself.And itīs NOT easy to find drivers for Vista 64Bit...Espiacelly when you have a scanner and printer,which are about 1-2 years old (that was my problem).Cause you generally wont find new drivers for them (and no,its not noname printer or scanner).

Shit on 64 Bit and take 32 Bit Vista premium (Why do you ppl tell him to buy ultimate 0o Do you really know the differences between the Vista,Vista PRemium,bussiness and Ultimate?!)

Vista 32 bit supports 4 GB Ram,but you must calculate your RAM - the RAM of your graphic card.That means,if you have 4 GB Ram and a GeForce with 512 MB,32 bit only uses 3,5 GB of your regular RAM.

But mate,the 800 RAM which you want to use makes NO difference....I tested it myself.And itīs NOT easy to find drivers for Vista 64Bit...Espiacelly when you have a scanner and printer,which are about 1-2 years old (that was my problem).Cause you generally wont find new drivers for them (and no,its not noname printer or scanner).

Shit on 64 Bit and take 32 Bit Vista premium (Why do you ppl tell him to buy ultimate 0o Do you really know the differences between the Vista,Vista PRemium,bussiness and Ultimate?!)[/b]
    I dont have a scanner or a printer.

and the 800mb ram does make a difference... And i wanna use them now i got them lol, instead of having them for nothing... 800mb more ram = more performance..

evilwevel

I dont have a scanner or a printer.

and the 800mb ram does make a difference... And i wanna use them now i got them lol, instead of having them for nothing... 800mb more ram = more performance..[/b]
    why ask people's opinion when you obviously already made up your mind.

go for the 64 bit version, go use that 800 MB of extra ram.

why ask people's opinion when you obviously already made up your mind.

go for the 64 bit version, go use that 800 MB of extra ram.[/b]
    I asked ppls opinion about Vista 64 bit and XP 64 bit... Which 1 of them they'd say would be best :> As in im gonna use 1 of them just dunno which 1 of the 2 :P
    but ppl dun seem to read that

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Well i'm telling you, dont use XP 64 bit. It's system components dont match up usually when downloading drivers and whatnot..you said you want to use 64bit, then just use the Vista shit..My opinion, you should do what i did and get DDR 3 RAM, 2gigs of this and your fine for 32bit of XP, considering the fact that DDR 3 runs nearly 3.5x faster then DDR 2, but then again, it's your call on what you want to do...

Overall, if you going 64 bit, then get Vista not XP because you will hate it after about 1 week, i promise...

evilwevel

vista 64 then.

xp 64 is just rubbish, a first try at a somewhat good 64 bit OS.

Banned

Gosh, no1 on this forum who knows shit bout OS's? you cant get full performance of a comp with 4gb ram in a 32bit OS... I asked in here if ppl had any negative and positive sides of eithe XP 64 bit or Vista 64 bit..[/b]
    They are giving you advice... I'm using 8GB of RAM with windows Vista x64 on a brand new PC and it honestly feels like i only have 2GB ram or something. On my old PC with 2GB RAM Windows XP home x32 it runs WAY smoother and faster. Vista + x64 will eat up your RAM like crazy, just dont bother its not worth it.

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

First tell me why u want to use 64bit version ?

If am on your place i would install vista ultimate sp1 32bit if u have it legit or if u decide to buy it.
    If u dont want to spend money i would go for xp sp3 32bit

Btw 32bit is better cuz there is not so much software's for 64bit version....[/b]
    Completely, and utterly incorrect.

I have had x64 for a few months now, and I have yet to have a problem with ANYTHING. I can install and run all software (photoshop, KO, NOD32, etc).

If i were you, I would definitely get vista 64, It's the future. While 32 bit is limited by it's processing power, 64 is not and we may see improvements for it in the future.

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Yep, just dont get XP 64bit. Vista eats up RAM because it required like 2gig if i'm not mistaken...where if you get 32bit. not one problem with it...and DDR 3 RAM soo cheap man, you can get 2x 1gig stickers for like $100 if you go on newegg.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12