Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Some people posted this issue already, its "Frames per second"

This is a discussion on Some people posted this issue already, its "Frames per second" within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As the topic says, thats about frames per second. I was playing ko with 80+ fps all the time, since ...
Page: 1

Default Some people posted this issue already, its "Frames per second"

As the topic says, thats about frames per second.

I was playing ko with 80+ fps all the time, since patch 1928 came out.
    Now im trying to login which takes 123123 years & with only 5-10fps.. max12. ( When I try some things out )

I dont know what the fuck that problem could be, but I installed all needed drivers, updated everything. Just nothing. Nothing helped at all.

Really does no1 knows how to fix that problem?
    Thats shitty...

ps. my cousin got the same ip like me but he's playing w/o freezing,lag or any problems.

Cmon someone help plox!

Banned Senior Member

1) make everything @options towards the performance (options of launcher , getting ridd of the weapon effects , minimum range of visuality , etc )
    2) make everything@gpu driver towards performance .
    this can boost up your fps a lil bit , but when you say you got like 15 fps , I guess you have a wooden pc :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rec7on View Post
    1) make everything @options towards the performance (options of launcher , getting ridd of the weapon effects , minimum range of visuality , etc )
    2) make everything@gpu driver towards performance .
    this can boost up your fps a lil bit , but when you say you got like 15 fps , I guess you have a wooden pc :P
    you obviously didn't read his post... I have the same exact problem. I believe it is HS.. Ever since that same patch, it takes forever to log in, and like he said, really low fps. My computer usually gets 90 fps on ko.. Where do you live Dere? Cause maybe its a region problem...

Quote Originally Posted by MyFreedos View Post
    you obviously didn't read his post... I have the same exact problem. I believe it is HS.. Ever since that same patch, it takes forever to log in, and like he said, really low fps. My computer usually gets 90 fps on ko.. Where do you live Dere? Cause maybe its a region problem...
    yeah read my post again plox. My pc stats should let me play with more fps for sure.
    like i did before with 80+

And im from Germany @MyFreedos

I would suggest turning down all gfx settings ingame and check if your FPS improves. If it improves you can turn each FX one by one back on untill you find wich one could be causing it. This way you could identify if it is gfx problem or problem with hackshield.

I have sort of the same problem here, i have a pc that can prolly run all the newest games according to its hardware but i sometimes i only have 25-35 FPS, how the f is that possible lol..

I just found out something under 'Options' -> 'Graphic options' there is a bar that says minimum and maximum, its your view range, if i put close to min i get 80-110 FPS instead of 25-35, if i put it on max it drops back to 25-35.. maybe its my GPU?

Quote Originally Posted by Watch View Post
    I just found out something under 'Options' -> 'Graphic options' there is a bar that says minimum and maximum, its your view range, if i put close to min i get 80-110 FPS instead of 25-35, if i put it on max it drops back to 25-35.. maybe its my GPU?

In moradon market section it is not that bad to get "only" 25-35 FPS. Other area's should be at least 60-80 FPS with a fairly decent card. I have and old gforce 8800 gtx and get these kind of numbers.

You could post your make and model of your gpu and i could say something. Nothing is certain tho cause there are many variables to consider.

Here you have a list of my hardware, thnx for looking into it:

2X CD/DVD RW: LG GH24NS90 Super Multi

1X VIDEO: Sapphire RADEON HD7850

1X SSD: Samsung 830 Series MZ-7PC128B

1X HOUSING: Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced

1x COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

1x CPU: AMD Black Edition - AMD FX 6100

1x HDD: WD Caviar Green WD10EARX

1x RAM: Corsair Value Select = 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3 - 1333 MHz / PC3-10600 - CL9

1x POWER: Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2

1x MONITOR: Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS-1 - LCD-monitor

1x Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3

Thx Watch for posting complete information. Some useless info in it but rather have to much info then to little.

All your hardware looks superior to my hardware so i assume you should have a little better performance then me. Pls note that this is completely based on your hardware specs and can vary alot cause each pc has diff software/os on it. Also each gfx card could react differently on each game. Specially ko, since this game is buggy like hell.

One thing that could be an issue is if you installed the game on your caviar green disk. This is a "green" disk and has some energy saving options that could reduce speeds in some cases. I do however presume that a game would keep this disk out of energy saving mode so this would not be a problem. Installing the game on your SSD drive could improve speeds but is prolly bad for lifespan of your SSD drive. Can't say this with complete certainty cause this is based on what i read about SSD drives. I still use 2 x Raptor 10.000 rpm drives in raid 0 wich still give me pretty decent speeds.

I read in one of your previous posts that you reduced view distance and this improved FPS alot. Did you disable all gfx fx to or only reduce view distance. Try setting ALL game options to minimum and check FPS then. After that FIRST increase view distance cause this in my opinion is most needed in any game. Then start changing each gfx settings ONE BY ONE to higher value's to see wich setting makes biggest impact on your FPS. I don't think KO needs to be restarted to see full impact of each setting but would not be a bad idea to do so after each gfx setting change.

If this does not improve anything you can then try something else.

First reboot your pc so you have a fresh start. After this check icons next to your clock and disable all programs you do not need. I noticed on my netbook that when i used Panda Cloud Antivirus that i had some mayor slowdowns to but this was from start i installed KO on it. It's hardware is kinda crap so anything could be slowing it down. I changed from Vscanner to just use a firewall on my netbook and this helped. IF YOU DISABLE YOUR VSCAN/FIREWALL TO TEST THIS AND WANT TO LOG IN TO KO PLS LOG A NOOB ACCOUNT AND CHANGE PASSWORD OF THAT ACCOUNT AFTER YOU TURNED ON VSCAN/FIREWALL AGAIN.

Well i think these are enough options for you to test with for now. If you tried these all and did not find any improvement i'm afraid it's probably something to do with KO itselfe or hackshield fucking up. If you really want i could try take over your pc screen with teamviewer and do some checking myselfe. If you trust me ofcorse. This program is pretty secure and i will be needing a password and computer ID to allow me to log on to your pc. The password will change every time you disable and reenable the teamviewer program so you do not have to worry that i can still access your pc after you disabled the program or rebooted your pc. You will also be able to see everything i do on your pc and disconnect the connection whenever you think i'm doing something you do not like. DO NOT POST THE ID AND PASS IN PUBLIC FORUM BUT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND WE WILL USE AN INSTANT MESSAGING PROGRAM TO SHARE YOUR ID AND PASS OF TEAMVIEWER.

If anything helps you pls like my post cause i'm trying to build a good reputation on this forum cause i want to sell some stuff in the market section later.

edit: I just noticed that having Chrome browser open while ingame reduce my FPS alot. Another thing you can test.

Last edited by Buttkicker; 01-14-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Watch likes this.

Hehe, i preffered to post to much then to less. I looked into all the options you gave me, after a while i noticed putting the weapons effect off get me to 40-60 FPS instead of 20-35. Still think with my hardware it normally should be better...

Thanks alot for helping me! Liked!

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyFreedos View Post
    you just showed me how stupid you are .
    FPS IS BASED ON GRAPHICS OPTIONS / GPU .

if he does everything i said , he would get much more fps .

Thx for the like Watch. You are correct your hardware should perform much better but this is KO we are talking about. It's prolly the game/hackshield that is fucking up. If i find out anything else i will reply to this thread.

Keep me posted

Quote Originally Posted by Rec7on View Post
    you just showed me how stupid you are .
    FPS IS BASED ON GRAPHICS OPTIONS / GPU .

if he does everything i said , he would get much more fps .
    It also depends on your internet and connection for a game like KO. Don't you think I've tried everything to do graphics wise? Like I said before, it is more than likely hack shield. Because if it was graphics, I would have figured the f.ucking think out by now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast