windows 8

This is a discussion on windows 8 within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; has anyone had any problems with running ko on windows 8 , i keep getting dc'd shortly after logging on ...
Page: 1

Default windows 8

has anyone had any problems with running ko on windows 8 , i keep getting dc'd shortly after logging on
    many thanks

Banned Senior Member

It's probably due to the servers anticheat system not being supported. Most anticheat systems have a OS check, and if they find a OS they currently do not support they just kick you from the server. Windows 8 is still fairly new, and even punkbuster is still working on updating their systems to support the new OS. That would be my educated guess, as KO itself works perfectly fine on Windows 8.

Banned

Both usko and euko are working just fine on Windows 8, for me anyways.

I can load in ok and use all the skills then it closes saying "detected and terminated hack tool program 10801 "

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterhush View Post
    I can load in ok and use all the skills then it closes saying "detected and terminated hack tool program 10801 "
    Maybe you got something running on your machine that the anticheat doesn't like. AntiCheat engines like HackShield work as a antivirus now also. So they can throw up "3rd party tool" errors over even bad signatures. I would scan your machine with Malwarebytes to ensure it is clean. And if the problem still persists, contact the server administration and ask if Windows 8 is supported by their client. If so then you're on your own, as there isn't anything else we can do for you here.

just go to the startup and disable all the programs that may start.. scan with malwarebytes and reinstall KO.. all 3 combines should make it work.. if not then your OS is messed up