Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Windows Vista

This is a discussion on Windows Vista within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyone know what to do if your running windows vista? I just bought a new comp and it has windows ...
Page: 1

jeffgordon

Anyone know what to do if your running windows vista? I just bought a new comp and it has windows vista on it and I re-downloaded Knight Online and that worked succesfully, but the "checking upgrade thingy......speechless.....can't think...when you start it it says checking version etc, etc. " Anways, I get to the first patch, I believe 1454 and it downloades, but then it comes up saying extracting failure?? Whats the deal with that anyone know?? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the help.

Sean Wagner

justAgame

well you have you give your self full control...you do that by going to program files, right click knightonline folder, properties, security, edit, then click your name and give your self full crontrol then it should work... good luck

jeffgordon

Well my man it worked until it got to patch number 1472.zip.. Then same error extract failed. I've allowed full access. But I have heard ko doesn't work with vista or actually xtrap doesn't. Maybe I will have to wait for updates any suggestions again. And thanks again justagame.

gyrn

ftp://download.knightonlineworld.com...night/upgrade/
    Find the patch and download it manually. Extract it. Good luck.

justAgame

np but yeah yo have to dowload it and extract it yourself...
    and yes vista does not work with xtrap right now =(

jeffgordon

That is some hilarious stuff. And you know the big thing.....I actually thought about doing that to vista!!!!! :blink: The guy on this link was right, Brand spanking new comp never used comes with vista and absolutely NOTHING is compatible. Had to download programs for my webcam that is from MICROSOFT cause it didn't work, had to find some way to get my hp printer to work. Its crazy. Good job Microsoft, go go go for the gold...... LOL. Have a good day gentleman/ladies. Will have to wait for xtrap to update I guess.

MillionVoices

god i hate how they sat it

VEISTA zz reatrds wtf they say it, microsoft pronunced it like fools

it should be V-STA.

jeffgordon

Anyone know if they got an update for xtrap so that vistajunk users can play the game??

justAgame

i dont think so i still cant play and i got vista :angry:

Flux

vista hates ko simple, i tryed everything nothing worked, so i suggest getting xp back on as your main os, or if you have 3 gb of ram (me) get 2 os systems on. vista and xp.

jeffgordon

Can I run both of them on there??

It's possible to dual boot Vista/XP but you are also likely to come across issues even with xp. I bought a Vista laptop and installed XP to dual boot...but there were no drivers for half of the components on the laptop. So the way I see it. If you buy a next gen pc/laptop with Vista pre-installed, chances are even with dual boot you will still have troubles. Well I certainly did. Perhaps there is someone with positive results out there regarding this.

@sean: If you have some kind of warranty I suggest you return your laptop cuz Vista is just a horrible OS. First piece of software I attempted to install that wasn't included with the laptop resulted in a blue screen of death. Vista is a piece of shit and isn't compatible with anything except gayness.

jeffgordon

I couldn't agree with you anymore. I tried to take it back the other day cause the 14 days from when I purchased it wasn't up yet, and guess what? They wouldn't take it back, cause there wasn't any "problems" with it. That is according to best buy. Each system they had there had vista on it. Is it possible to dump vista off the comp and downgrade to xp instead. Or is that what they mean by dual boot?

I couldn't agree with you anymore. I tried to take it back the other day cause the 14 days from when I purchased it wasn't up yet, and guess what? They wouldn't take it back, cause there wasn't any "problems" with it. That is according to best buy. Each system they had there had vista on it. Is it possible to dump vista off the comp and downgrade to xp instead. Or is that what they mean by dual boot?[/b]

i had the same prob when i tried to get xp on my comp, i made a top of the line comp for 1900 and i saved it to the end and right before we went to pay i said " i need vista on it" and they said no, i couldnt believe it i was about to give em almost 2grand and they wouldnt change it back to xp for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast