Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Windows Vista

This is a discussion on Windows Vista within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Its crazy. I payed about the same for mine and get the same results......grrrr. Its crazy. You ask to change ...
Page: 2

jeffgordon

Its crazy. I payed about the same for mine and get the same results......grrrr. Its crazy. You ask to change it back to xp and no one will, but yet the geek squad that checks out my comp say they have nothing but problems with vista since the get go of vista, but they can't change it back, wtf!! Oh well guess it is how the computer world runs.

well i just payed 120bucks for a copy of xp from a non-commercial company, im sure some fag will reply to this and say i coulda downloaded it for free or some shit but i could careless, the important thing is my machine is finally ready to go and i can have 2 pcs with ko XD (i didnt blow 120bucks just to play ko btw, vista works with nothing :P )

MillionVoices

i had the same prob when i tried to get xp on my comp, i made a top of the line comp for 1900 and i saved it to the end and right before we went to pay i said " i need vista on it" and they said no, i couldnt believe it i was about to give em almost 2grand and they wouldnt change it back to xp for me.[/b]
    u built you own pc? but "they" wouldnt put it huh?

ROFL DO U MEAN u made it tohrug a webiste

or u ordered ur own parts and built urself.

I couldn't agree with you anymore. I tried to take it back the other day cause the 14 days from when I purchased it wasn't up yet, and guess what? They wouldn't take it back, cause there wasn't any "problems" with it. That is according to best buy. Each system they had there had vista on it. Is it possible to dump vista off the comp and downgrade to xp instead. Or is that what they mean by dual boot?[/b]
    Dual boot is having both OS on the same drive basically. You make an extra partition on the current HD and install XP on that, keeping Vista intact also...it's simple to install and you also need to create a boot loader in order to boot into either OS otherwise, you will automatically be booted into XP without the option of booting into Vista.

Flux

i run both vista and xp, works fine, but i have 3g of ram, and sli gfx cards nvidia so -_-a, self built and dual core. It true though, i installed all the drivers myself from nvidia.com, they have to be self installed for xp. Vista comes with them already why it works, but when you dual run them, xp doesnt, and cant run of the vista folder.

u built you own pc? but "they" wouldnt put it huh?

ROFL DO U MEAN u made it tohrug a webiste

or u ordered ur own parts and built urself.[/b]

srry what i meant is i went to a place that builds em set everything up with what i wanted exactly, im not some computer nerd who builds their own circuit boards.... i dont even know y im responding but w.e

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12