Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Windows Xp =/

This is a discussion on Windows Xp =/ within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well, i formated (grammer ftw) my pc recently, and i installed an orginal version of windows xp from my friend. ...
Page: 1

ThePainInside

Default Windows Xp =/

well, i formated (grammer ftw) my pc recently, and i installed an orginal version of windows xp from my friend.
    everything was cool till i needed to register that windows update crap in 30 days.
    i thought it will be piece a cake since i got the serical code and everything but it seems that you can't use an original windos cd more than few times. ( yep, i wish you die Bill)
    anyway, can anyone help me get a serical code for windows xp or give me his ? on pm or reply here... it will be awesome... thanx for helping anyway

You can use it few times, you can't register it on 2 comps <_<
    I've formatted my comp so many times before, never had any problem with this...

ThePainInside

Originally posted by n00bzZ
    You can use it few times, you can't register it on 2 comps <_<
    I've formatted my comp so many times before, never had any problem with this...
    ...... and i'm telling you i can't? you want a screen shot? wow did asked for anything but a serical code? if you don't wanna help zip it for ONCE FUKING SAKE.....><
    and as i said before- you can use it few times- but my friend fuking already did... learn how to read <_<
    now back on topic- help pls

You got some issues man
    You didn't even understand what I said but nvm, you're an asshole anyway -_-

StarBuck

n00bzZ hes using a pirated XP version, if you want a xp u can use, buy it.

Banned Senior Member

Call the number they give you and tell them your trying to reinstall Windows and you get the error message. They will give you a new Serial Code. We did this at a place I used to co-op at, one guys computer we reformatted wouldnt take the new code so we called up M$ and they gave us a new Serial to install windows with

JudgmentDay

Originally posted by phantomlink
    Call the number they give you and tell them your trying to reinstall Windows and you get the error message. *They will give you a new Serial Code. *We did this at a place I used to co-op at, one guys computer we reformatted wouldnt take the new code so we called up M$ and they gave us a new Serial to install windows with
    lol, yeah do that h43r: :lol:

Originally posted by StarBuck
    Yeah he probably dl'ed some pirated version and saying it's "original" one <_<

StarBuck

Originally posted by n00bzZ+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n00bzZ)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-StarBuck
    Yeah he probably dl'ed some pirated version and saying it's "original" one <_<[/b]

imo geniune xp is expensive but worth it friend dl'ed pirate one and it fried hes pc

Originally posted by StarBuck+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StarBuck)</div>
    Originally posted by n00bzZ@
    <!--QuoteBegin-StarBuck

Yeah he probably dl'ed some pirated version and saying it's "original" one <_<

imo geniune xp is expensive but worth it friend dl'ed pirate one and it fried hes pc[/b]
    I got almost free one when I've bought my comp, so who cares

just call there and they will ask u for that long code and they will give u a new long code. after that ur pirate cd key works again lol.

Aqu

The OP is saying that he borrowed his friends Windows XP cd, so surely he cant just ring them and say 'gift another key please' because it wasnt his to start with..... and if they block his old key and give him a new one I daresay his friend is gonna be pissed.

Nobody is going to give you their (legit) CD KEY either, its a personal thing and its unique to you.

So you have two choices.
    1) Buy Windows
    2) Find yourself a hacked copy - I'm using one and its not 'fried my pc', and lol @ the idea that it would.

But I would wait for confirmation that ringing MS isnt going to result in your friends legal key being blocked.

StarBuck

ages ago, if u sent ur pirate version + key, microsoft would send u back a legit key + cd. I think they have stopped this now tho

__countess__

Worst case scenario:

1)Create 2 partitions on your hard disk, e.x. C: and D:

2)Install Windows on C: , just a minimal installation of whatever WinXp needs to work.

3)Create a ghost image (Using Norton Ghost) of your C: Drive, and copy it to your D: Drive.

4)Install all the programs/games u need to your D: Drive.

5)Use a DOS boot disk to load your Ghost Image to your C: Drive every 30 days h43r:

It takes only 1 min to restore your whole C: drive with only WinXP installed, it doesn't take much, but it's not the best solution. It'll work though.

i have the same windows installed in a few comp.
    never had problems whit the serial!
    run the automatic update and it will be ok!
    if you try to go to there home page to update yoursellf its going to ask you for a validation cheak!....
    zzzz
    why pay 400€ (500usd)
    for a program (windows) if you can have it for (2usd if mutch)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast