Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

wireless connection

This is a discussion on wireless connection within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; how do i maintain a STABLE connection with a wireless one? what to do? any help would be greatly appreciated....
Page: 1

!Premier_Assassin!

how do i maintain a STABLE connection with a wireless one?
    what to do?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

sime21

put your computer as close as possible to the router :P

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

Well, the problem is, even when your right next to the router, You STILL disconnect after a period of time. I have never heard of an instance where you can stay on wireless for 2hours+ and not be dced. I wouldn't recommend wireless at all for Knight online, because of DC's which can lead to being exped and other things.
    ~Legend

runordie

Well, the problem is, even when your right next to the router, You STILL disconnect after a period of time. I have never heard of an instance where you can stay on wireless for 2hours+ and not be dced. I wouldn't recommend wireless at all for Knight online, because of DC's which can lead to being exped and other things.
    ~Legend[/b]
    Negative, its the provider that supports your wireless, I never dc, but every once in a while i have to restart my router.

tamachan

Yep, just get a decent Wireless Router. Though i also prefer Direct cable... i disconnect using wireless for some reason... even though my router can go up to 400 mbps...

~Legend[/b]
    That's a load of crap. I have had a laptop for 2 years that I have been playing KO on it. I have never been dc'd via internet problems. Like runordie said it's your internet service provider or it can be your router. Unless you know what you are truely talking about or have decent products/providers don't reply back to topics like these.

Premier_Assassin can you please give more info about your internet connection products. Like your provider and router ect. That should help me and others get more of an idea of how to fix/improve your problem.

if u hve decent isp and decent router it shoudnt be a problem

my wireless internet is connected 24/7 on my laptop without ever being dc unless the router has been dc'd or something

and no its not a problem with ko either
    i hve left my char in merchant mode for 12+ hours on many ocassions

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

Ok first of all bomb5hell, arent you like 13 years old? You sound like a mouse over vent...
    2nd of all, I know what I'm talking about, I've went through about 4 routers and have never had a time where I can stay on for more then 2 hours without a small dc.
    Who you think you are to tell me what topics i can reply to and which I can't?
    Fuck off little kid, and before you come here running your mouth, make sure your balls have dropped.
    Thanks!

Jason269

~Legend[/b]
    Depends on the router. My mom had a router costing 100$ my dad had router costing 40$, my dads one i DCed evey few hours, my moms one i never DC dont matter if the connection is "Poor". its down to the Router.

Ok first of all bomb5hell, arent you like 13 years old? You sound like a mouse over vent...
    2nd of all, I know what I'm talking about, I've went through about 4 routers and have never had a time where I can stay on for more then 2 hours without a small dc.
    Who you think you are to tell me what topics i can reply to and which I can't?
    Fuck off little kid, and before you come here running your mouth, make sure your balls have dropped.
    Thanks![/b]
    And i dont think there was any need for this lol? he just gave the guy a opinion about routers, you come replying thinking you knew about it all when you was completly wrong, sorry to say.

Well if your using your ADSL box, on the back there is connections that you can put in leads, these leads can be used to goto your computers ethernet slot next to your wireless card slot - once plugged in it will glow green to tell you, you are connected.

And that will keep you from DC'ing, my problem with DCing with wireless is when a phone is used nearby (phone signals interfear with it, then it will go back on once the phone is picked up, then it will disconect when phone is put back on the hook.

You can get your ethernet cable s for about a couple of pounds, they are the phone connecters with a yellow lead - if you dont know what they are ask for help in a shop but find somewhere to tuck these leads in, as they can cause tripping hazzards!! - But its ok if its your mother-in-law, because you dont like that bitch anyways huh?

Well if your using your ADSL box, on the back there is connections that you can put in leads, these leads can be used to goto your computers ethernet slot next to your wireless card slot - once plugged in it will glow green to tell you, you are connected.

And that will keep you from DC'ing, my problem with DCing with wireless is when a phone is used nearby (phone signals interfear with it, then it will go back on once the phone is picked up, then it will disconect when phone is put back on the hook.

You can get your ethernet cable s for about a couple of pounds, they are the phone connecters with a yellow lead - if you dont know what they are ask for help in a shop but find somewhere to tuck these leads in, as they can cause tripping hazzards!! - But its ok if its your mother-in-law, because you dont like that bitch anyways huh?[/b]
    Thats to do with the way your filters are setup

!Premier_Assassin!

That's a load of crap. I have had a laptop for 2 years that I have been playing KO on it. I have never been dc'd via internet problems. Like runordie said it's your internet service provider or it can be your router. Unless you know what you are truely talking about or have decent products/providers don't reply back to topics like these.

Premier_Assassin can you please give more info about your internet connection products. Like your provider and router ect. That should help me and others get more of an idea of how to fix/improve your problem.[/b]
    well ok
    router is secured (pw protect max 54.0 mpb connection)
    i have 2 comps.
    one is directly connected to modem and router.
    the other computer is connecting WIRELESSLY to the router and it is excellent connection.
    but i am playing ko on computer #1 which is directly connected. BUT IT CANNOT maintain a stable connection.
    so basically i can play about 5 minutes. 300 seconds of me life wasted on merely one dc.
    and that process goes over and over again.

my main point is that why cant i maintain a stable connection on a computer that is directly connected to the modem and router?

mammlea2

wireless = extra latency u dont need. even with the newest ones.

DarK

;o my wireless dc's alot but i have it hooked up to the router also with a cord so i dont dc from ko.. but it usually connects itself after a few mins so i dont mess with it cuz i know nothing about routers :P

the other computer is connecting WIRELESSLY to the router and it is excellent connection.
    my main point is that why cant i maintain a stable connection on a computer that is directly connected to the modem and router?[/b]
    It is because of the wireless on the #2 computer. like mammlea2 said it is the wireless which adds the extra latency. If you turn off the 2nd computer your other will most likely run faster.

Spyr0. Why do you talk about such things when you dont even have a clue of what is going on. I have had expiriences with these type of things, that is why I said what I said. 2nd of all your remarks are that of a 12 year old boy trying to pick a fight at the playground. Next time watch your mouth I would expect more from someone who is older then I am. Sad to see when someone who is younger has more maturity of a 18 year old.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast