Wireless Net Problem

This is a discussion on Wireless Net Problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have wireless net and one day while I was on it just stopped working. So I checked the thing ...
Page: 1

I have wireless net and one day while I was on it just stopped working. So I checked the thing that sends the signal and restarted it and all, I also refeshed the thing that receives the signal. When I go to connect to my net it says it has a signal but it wont connect to it...says its just unabled to and theres no way to diagnose it. I think somethings blocking it, I tried putting down my firewalls and restarting to see if it was my anti-virus but still same thing. My next door neighbors net works( they leech off mine) so it has to be my PC. Any help before im on hold for 5 hours with my net provider?

TheBloodyBeast

ur neighbors have blocked u! damn hackers. they are pro!

evilwevel

what do you mean by restarted them ? did you unplug them for a while and then powered them back on, or something else ?

is your wireless network protected ? try checking if your neighbors didn't allow only their computers to connect (quite easy to do on a non secured, default wireless network).

to check for this you have to have access to a computer that is connected to your router. first of all you need to get to your router's configuring page.

go to start => run
    type in cmd
    type in ipconfig /all
    look for the line saying standard gateway, use this ip-address.
    type in the above ip-address in your browser (firefox, ie, etc.)
    you should be asked for a id and password combination. you probably haven't changed this so search for your routers standard id/pw (most of the times it's just admin/admin or admin/1234)

after that you should be able to check if the router is set to block certain computers connecting, if not you can try and work fom there.

Banned

is already fix it