Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wireless Networking & HD Installing

This is a discussion on Wireless Networking & HD Installing within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; if you try starting up w/ out the cd can you reach bios, if so make sure the system isnt ...
Page: 2

sexyrexy

if you try starting up w/ out the cd can you reach bios, if so make sure the system isnt trying to boot off of the 2nd hard drive if it doesnt have an operating system on it ,if you can reach bios you should be able to change the boot order

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

if you try starting up w/ out the cd can you reach bios, if so make sure the system isnt trying to boot off of the 2nd hard drive if it doesnt have an operating system on it ,if you can reach bios you should be able to change the boot order[/b]
    This fixed my problem. Thank you rexy, my PC is now back up and running with my good old XP files but I now have Wireless PCI Adapter Card driver issues. I'm going to uninstall it, reinstall newer drivers and updates and hope for the best. Worse comes to worse, I will buy a powerline as mentioned, a new network adapter and a new router if necessary.

If anyone would like to help me out, please insert links of those items you think I should purchase to have perfect wireless reception/speed/non-disconnecting/reliable company internet

I need: A powerline (2 outlet plugins which replace a cable to give modem reception to wireless internet), a new network adapter and maybe a new router as well.

Question still unanswered: Why is this modem (FIOS) downstairs unable to give me it's internet? My brother told me that I would need to connect a different kind of router to this modem and then recept it's internet from there, whether it's wirelessly or with a cable. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Thanks KO4Life!

your welcome danny im glad i could help ;P

i wonder how did you change your boot order priority in the first place

1 more question since I already made this topic... I have 4 computers in my house;

1) Upstairs #1 - Has the modem and distributes internet insecurely throughout my house (maybe even neighbors too, lol) This is where I normally get my internet from. It's not stable.. (11.0-54.0 mbps)
    2) Upstairs #2 - Sisters computer, always always always has great internet, only 2 rooms away from the modem and uses wireless-G adapter like mine.
    3) Downstairs #1 - My computer, wireless-G adapter, piece of shit connection, willing to embarrass myself on ko4life to have it working properly
    4) Downstairs #2 - This is the one I have a question about::: My step-dad's business PC, recently put FIOS internet on it, has it's own modem.

When I tried to insert a cable wire from the FIOS modem to my PC, it never gave me it's internet... Why? When it was connected, I disabled the wireless internet and enable "local area connection" or whatever I don't remember. I kept seeing that little yellow sphere moving left to right but never actually accessed it's internet. What do I need to do for that modem to be able to give me internet? Also, I can connect to it wirelessly and it's realllllllly close to my computer (which would be great) but for some odd reason I just can't access it's internet. "You are connected to the access point. But the internet cannot be found." BLA BLA BLA A.Q WTF

Ask me questions, show me how to answer it (if necessary), your help is greatly appreciated!!![/b]
    hmm im not a prof in solving these problems but ive some ideas

* FIOS modem has its own password ?
    * do u have a firewall ? fw may cause unexpected problems
    * does ur step-dad have internet ? since ur trying to use same modem, it must give u internet. ive 2 desktop and 1 laptop, 1* USR 4 port modem and 1* USR 4 port ROUTER. i didnt have anyproblems about sharing internet.

* there is an option about sharing internet over another pc not from modem. try it.

* you can set a password to ur wireless modem/router so that other ppl cannot use ur internet.
    open mozilla/ie type 192.168.1.1 and enter. ( the ip might differ )
    it will ask u an id and pw. type there id: admin pw: admin (factory settings, if u set another, type it)

there must be a SECURITY link, click it and set there your new password.

Yes Nom4k, I have already set a new password for the FIOS modem so that I can try to connect to it directly with a cable wire or even wirelessly. It never worked. I only get that yellow ball on the computer symbol (bottom right taskbar) moving left to right constantly.. But I never actually obtain it's internet. My brother says it's because there is no router connected to it to distribute internet to me wirelessly, is this true?

sexyrexy

yes, you would need to buy a wireless router and then connect it to the modem to broadcast wireless internet, though you should still be able to get internet through the single cable wire port from the modem, do you know if the fios came with any installation cd's or anything along those lines?

No I don't know. Something really weird, I'm actually connected to the FIOS modem right now, wirelessly.
    36.0mbps and "Good" signal strength. This is happening after disabling Linksys and enabling Windows wireless configuration properties.
    I guess I'm fine now, my internet problems should be fixed when those items get delivered to me
    Thanks guys for all your help, closing this topic now since I don&#39;t really need anything else atm. <33

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12