Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Keeshiu

HELP!!

This is a discussion on HELP!! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So i stopped playing Ko awhile back before my old laptop got stolen. I had decided to come back to ...
Page: 1

Exclamation HELP!!

So i stopped playing Ko awhile back before my old laptop got stolen. I had decided to come back to the game as nothing else could substitute. So when i got a new hp laptop i was excited to finally play the game again however it does have windows 8 and i have not a clue as how this new system affects the gaming but when i downloaded both the Knights Kingdom PS and the USKO (or whatever it is now) it downloaded the setup but when i click on the setup to run it just loads for a bit and then does nothing and when i click on the Knights Kingdom Launcher it also loads but eventually just ends up doing nothing anyway

KO has a lot of issues with Windows 8 at the moment since it's brand new.
    ™PerFectioN™ likes this.

you should be able to downgrade to windows 7 for now.. several HP laptops support this option since there are a lot of compatibility issues.. not only with KO but with a lot of other software at the moment

OMG who's dying?! Oh..

ONT. You should be able to get/ find the patches on the knight kingdoms forums, and manually patch it yourself. It's a very easy procedure, only copy the files from the "Patch Folder" to the "KK map" (will be in C:disk, or where you choosed to place it)and replace them. When done so, the launcher should be able to patch itself when KK.exe is open.

EDIT: It might also be your Anti Virus program that deletes the KK.exe file, because it shows as an "Trojan" which will make the AV delete it when you try to patch.
    So turn off while playin/ patching OR if possible, try to enable the KK.exe so your AV wont see it as a threat.

I've had Win7 and had much problems when playing PS. I'd guess Win8 would be similar.

Good luck!