Why does my internet keep getting cut off?

This is a discussion on Why does my internet keep getting cut off? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well i'm playing ko and all sudden, i disconnect. I look on my taskbar and says i've been disconnected. I ...
Page: 1

Jason269

Well i'm playing ko and all sudden, i disconnect. I look on my taskbar and says i've been disconnected. I have a laptop next to me and my dads computer in his room, there both on wireless along with mine but theres do not disconnect from the internet. My computer is a gaming PC so it can handle KO surely.. It handles cod4 on max graphics so i don't see the problem.

I just formatted my PC and reinstalled KO and still i have the same problem, it looses connection and reconnects straight after... The connection is Execellant so i know it's not to do with that.

Does anyone have any idea why it's doing this?

Thanks

Jason269

up

Hypnotize

have exectle the same problem
    my internet dc him self and then connect again
    only i have that problem and we have 5 computers in the house

Jason269

anyone else

Banned Senior Member

try installing KO on one of their PC's and see if it still DC's you. If it doesnt, then you know theres something specific with your computer

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

i got the exact problem. and it takes like 5min to reconnect. what kind do internet providers do u guys have?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

These are usually general wireless issues. Google is your friend for these.

1) Make sure you have the latest drivers for your wireless network card.
    2) Make sure you have the latest firmware for your router
    3) Look for other wireless in your vicinity, and if possible select a different channel to them, as far spaced as possible.

Do you use the built-in windows wireless support, or a 3rd party application? (such as Cisco Aironet Client Utilities, IBM Access Connections, Funk Odyssey, etc) If it's a 3rd party application then they should have a support forum available.

Check that the router isn't giving out really crappy leases... it is usually configurable how long a wireless lease lasts, for home use it can usually be set to the maximum with no problems. For example, if the lease is for 30 mins, then every 30 mins your wireless will lose it's IP and have to request a new one. This will d/c you from your router for a few secs and screw up downloads, games, etc

I have a similar issue when I have 3 wireless sessions going at once, so the 3rd laptop has to use a cable most of the time. Get your machine a fixed IP from the router, make sure it's the first one on the list too!

If all else fails, then you can go for a cable or a funky through the electric connector.

I also had an issue aswell where it was dropping off, it was something to do with access point settings in the wireless (the bit where you specify the wep key) there was 3 options, one of them was causing it to drop every 30 mins or so, changed it to a different one and it worked fine

Anyone who's got wireless might be able to tell you which bit I'm on about

find option "rekeying interval"