Is Widescreen possible on KO ?

This is a discussion on Is Widescreen possible on KO ? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Or at least fake WS like CS 1.6 or something I hate those 2 black bars on the sides...
Page: 1

Or at least fake WS like CS 1.6 or something

I hate those 2 black bars on the sides

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

i havent gotten that on my wide screen... it just auto fit to the screen in one of the resolutions... the image is stretched and awkward looking however

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

nope, it doesn't support WS resolutions - set your graphics card to stretch the display rather than put black bars (letterboxing)

I did the streching and it looks like ass >.< ... but i guesss its the only thing for now

Would be cool if they could add ws

mets7625

^^ amen to that

it really is a tough choice between havin two annoying black bars on the side ... or having a ridiculously pixeled game

I&#39;ve got a 22inch wide screen and everything seems fine. I use the 1280x960 resolution and I can&#39;t notice anything streatched out at all. I would prefer a better resolution but this one seems to work well with my widescreen laptop and this new monitor. Also nothing seems pixelated at all, but I am using a 7600gt video card.

Banned

well the only thing i notice on my tv is that the people are short and fat...but that&#39;s really the only difference I can tell. Much rather see that than the black lines though.

well i got samsung 226bw and ko lets me use 1400x1050 resolution... my frend got older samsung 225bw and he cant use that resolution, but you could make register edit to make 1680x1050 posible...

Banned

I played in window mode with my widescreen monitor

stonepilot1421

mine was fine and had a widescreen for my laptop but i went on vacation and now i have those black bars i cant remember well but im pretty sure i had 2 resolution settings in the options. but now i only got 1024x768.
    how do i fix this?

poiz3n

it just streches the screen, so it sucks

stonepilot1421

k well i found out that u can right click on ur background and hit graphic options, panel fit, and stretch or w/e

azetona

i had 19x16 , just gotta change the resolution so it dosnt look like a streched ass