Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Xtrap and Servers [Discuss here ONLY]

This is a discussion on Xtrap and Servers [Discuss here ONLY] within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Discuss Xtrap and the servers here....
Page: 1

Discuss Xtrap and the servers here.

SilentDaemon

I have still problems with login server :S

ah no resone to repost what we already wrote.
    Did you guys delete all the posts or just move them?[/b]

Moved them.

Gala

Moved them where?

Orphus

Hi eve1 does ne one know why some premium members can only log onto one server me for instance can only log onto edena three while others can only log onto edena one and some only edena 2 i have reinstalled the game and downloaded a new patch for xtrap that works but i can not get onto e1 and i'm a gold member plz help me maybe i haven't done what some of you have tried

thank you

Moved them where?[/b]
    To the Vault. Normal users cannot see them.

TYVM.

PrayerBeast

Well, I missed the 20 different posts on this, but...Has anyone found a way past the "Checking version and preparing to launch game?"

EDIT:

Nvm, found it. This might be useful: Thank You Hypnos!

Well, I missed the 20 different posts on this, but...Has anyone found a way past the "Checking version and preparing to launch game?"

EDIT:

Nvm, found it. This might be useful: Thank You Hypnos![/b]
    It wont make a difference anymore, you need to get update complete on launcher to be able to get passed login and get to server select.

Dendroid0s

It wont make a difference anymore, you need to get update complete on launcher to be able to get passed login and get to server select.[/b]
    Then how can i get the update when i update ko manually? There's nothing new on their ftp...

Dr4g0n

WINDOWS DEP

Ok just hear me out on this, after hearing the good news about k2's new mods and that we may be getting new hosting servers for knight online I thought I would help some of you try and get the currrent game working.

So I thought to myself what would stop the launcher and xtrap dead in its tracks like this.
    Along time ago before Ke,rofd there was a problem with Knight Online Called DEP(Data Error Prevention).
    So I took it apon myself to check into this and I did just that.

#1 Went to add/remove programs and selected to remove Knight Online, after it was finished removing I navigated to
    C:\Program Files and deleted the Knight Online folder.
    #2 Downloaded newest version of KnightOnlineSetup1453.exe
    #3 Rebooted My Pc
    #4 After reboot I installed KO
    #5 Open the Command Prompt ipconfig /flushdns
    #6 Right Click Mycomputer and select Properties Click on the Advanced tab, In the Performance area click on Settings.
    #7 You will see a new window popup Click on Data Execution Prevention Tab
    #8 Select (Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    #9 Click the Add button and navigate to your knight online folder
    Select KnightOnLine.exe, Launcher.exe, XPatch.exe
    #10 Click Apply, You might have to reboot your system once again.
    After the reboot open your command prompt once again and flush your dns one final time.
    Now Click on the launcher from your desktop your patches should start to download after its complete the launcher will close, start it again then xtrap will start to update and then will launch the game.

If your guys need a video on how to do this just request it and I would gladly make one and post it here.

This works %100 for almost 19 hours now it has been tested on three other machines all with 100% results.

Dendroid0s

Doesnt work for me Dr4g0n. It just says "LogIn Server Connection Failed! Please retry connecting!". It doesnt start to download patches..

assailent

well my launcher fixed itself but xtrap is screwing up and all the posts are gone. Anyway got way other then repair internet and ipconfig/flushdns?

Dr4g0n

Xtrap Update Fix

Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc Open the file name Hosts with Notepad make it look just like the pic.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast