Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Claude just scammed me :(

This is a discussion on Claude just scammed me :( within the Trading disputes & reports forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; email used was [email protected] was selling me a warrior 80 on carnac west...
Page: 1

Default Claude just scammed me :(

email used was [email protected] was selling me a warrior 80 on carnac west

Oh, come on... These threads are getting dumber by the day, stop making these "This guy's a scammer" threads without providing any evidence so some action can be taken towards the person in question...

I never had for sale any warrior on cwest and that one is not my msn or paypal address..

And please post your msn conv. Pms and all you got since I would also like to know if sm1 is using my name..

Quote Originally Posted by kapzi View Post
    email used was [email protected] was selling me a warrior 80 on carnac west

hahahahahahahaha Claude, the emperor of babashopper, a scammer ....... u made my day!!!!!!!!! really!!!! post all data you have because, if u have been scammed, u have been scammed by someone using his name.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMBI View Post
    hahahahahahahaha Claude, the emperor of babashopper, a scammer ....... u made my day!!!!!!!!! really!!!! post all data you have because, if u have been scammed, u have been scammed by someone using his name.
    Claude is not a scammer but it is very attractive to use his name to scam since he is a legit and trusty player

kapzi, did you get his msn from his ko4life acc claude?
    otherwise, its really easy to claim to be someone else without having it confirmed;j

I do not think my msn is visible from my ko4life profile and in any case it is not the one reported in this post.

I would also ask if some Mod/admin Can check IPS who logged my acct just to be sure no1 had access to it

Of all the people to accuse of scamming, Claude? Really? Oh luv you do know how to pick 'em don't ya?

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Well fuck a duck , this is a funny one.

Claude could buy K2 if his wife would let him. That is not Claude's msn either.
    atraaan and AlexDeSouza like this.

Apparently my ko4life acct has been hacked since I received answers to pm I never sent - if sm1 could check the ips who logged on my acct I would be grateful

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I mean , it's not like a Banker would scam us of our money..... Oh shit wait!

This actually happened to a friend of mine recently, and it seems to be becoming a common method for scamming on these forums. What seems to happen is the scammer temporarily takes over an account that is trusted/has been used in many recent transactions whether its buying or selling. Since the account has had so many successful buys and sells the scammer knows he will have a chance of tricking others into buying/selling to the scammer, who is of course posing as the trustee. They give out a false email address, pull off the transaction then vanish into thin air along with that persons items/money.

Its why they have used claude's account in this instance, since his being a very trusted and honest player would mean that the scammer could quite easily convince the target to buy/sell.

Both claude and kapzi are victims in this case. I can only hope the IP check allows the admins/mods to locate the scammers account if he has one, and then bans him/her for good.
    Last edited by Dumar; 01-24-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumar View Post
    This actually happened to a friend of mine recently, and it seems to be becoming a common method for scamming on these forums. What seems to happen is the scammer temporarily takes over an account that is trusted/has been used in many recent transactions whether its buying or selling. Since the account has had so many successful buys and sells the scammer knows he will have a chance of tricking others into buying/selling to the scammer, who is of course posing as the trustee. They give out a false email address, pull off the transaction then vanish into thin air along with that persons items/money.

Its why they have used claude's account in this instance, since his being a very trusted and honest player would mean that the scammer could quite easily convince the target to buy/sell.

Both claude and vice are victims in this case. I can only hope the IP check allows the admins/mods to locate the scammers account if he has one, and then bans him/her for good.
    Not sure of the tools Felix had at his disposal when he was Admin/Mod, i know this place has switched twice to different locations. While I was modding the spybot would normally catch any account that were logging from different IPs then the registered one. A man could also just log into the moderator board and start getting nosey into IPs. In Claude's case, Im sure he probably browses this place at work and home or maybe even a mobile laptop/phone.. Would need to figure those IPs out and then find the funny IP that had been logged if Spybot didnt catch it. This place has moved since I was mod so not sure what types of tools Devile has here for the moderators.

good luck with this, has happened before as you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by claude View Post
    And please post your msn conv. Pms and all you got since I would also like to know if sm1 is using my name..
    sent you a pm.

OT: since the OP didnt provide any proff then it stays like this.

ps: none gets HACKED magically from ko4life otherwhise they'd just use mods or admins accounts in order to scam easly? , might be a keylogger that they got somewhere .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast