Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Justin Kwan scammer

This is a discussion on Justin Kwan scammer within the Trading disputes & reports forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ### Posting this for a friend ### Since my KO4Life Username "Uzu" has been banned on march 26ish, I requested ...
Page: 1

Default Justin Kwan scammer

### Posting this for a friend ###

Since my KO4Life Username "Uzu" has been banned on march 26ish, I requested a friend to post this for me because
    PlodeZ told me to get in touch with him which I try since the ban incident but he seems to be very busy or simply
    ignoring, I don't know why...

This is how it all started:

I stopped playing Knight Online actively when my clan mates stopped, 1 or 2 years already passed, I do not certainly know.
    I have two lvl 83 accounts on akara. I was stupid enough to have my paypal still linked to my bank account and since my father played on
    the priest from time to time to visit eslant dungeons and upgrade his stuff, I didn't mind to have KO stuff linked on my PC.
    At the time when my KO4Life acc was banned, my father told me that items on the priest were missing, so I grabbed
    the laptop of my uncle and changed the passwords of the priest and rogue. The rogue hadnt been touched, only the priest was stripped,
    even stuff which wasnt worth shit had been traded over or just deleted, characters were not deleved. I let Kaspersky, McAfee and AntiAvira scan my PC for
    trojans (even found 3 or 4), I even wrote a CSS ticket to GamersFirst but it seems like they didn't even understand what I was trying to tell them:

after waiting full 4 days for an answer, this is what they wrote to me just 2 days ago (IDK if bots are operating g1, this seems so funny... how sarcastic...):

So then... Of course I was pissed off because I had been hacked, I even thought about database hackers (yes, im a really paranoid guy, but I remember
    the 1000 topics about the turk who fucked up non-turkish ares clans) and since I live in germany, it seemed to me possible. I couldn't off imagine
    how I could've catched a keylogger (and I still freaking can't imagine it) or whatever else happened.

Then, on 29th of march, I went online to check my e-mails through our schoolnetwork and saw that someone had made fucking 8 payments with a total
    of about 1300$ to two people:

Justin Kwan, e-mail: [email protected]

Why I am connecting this with Knight OnLine? Well, at first, my priest has been hacked, secondly, which is more important, the description said that
    "I will never ever even in my entire life when I die chargeback, I can die happily" and "deal for knight online items".

I straightly called PayPal and told them what happened through the phone, I requested to chargeback the amounts immediately and went to my bank
    to cancel the paypal deals and not let them take any freaking euro of my account. Afterwards, I went to the police and pressed charges against
    unknown (I don't know if this is the english term for this..).

I even got an e-mail from the hacker, but this e-mail just tells me that he's not lithunian, because nobody would be this stupid (he must've logged my
    webmail mailbox and sent the text to my own e-mail address).

I thought my e-mail adress was pretty secure because it had a good password and I paid monthly for it, thats why it was connected to my G4L acc., my Knight online
    accounts and to my paypal. The only difference between these accounts were the password, but he got them all out.
    Well, after the paypal incident I entirely reformated my HD, so I should be virusfree by now. The meaning of this topic is to aware you guys of these scammers and to tell you that there
    could be other victims beside me, since i sent the two e-mails from my paypal account I saw a small e-mail. One of them replied with this:

I didn't reply to this e-mail because I do not know if this guy is telling me the truth or not, but it would make sense why the hacker sent 280 dollars to another
    e-mail adress and not everything to one paypal acc...
    But even if it turns out this guy is telling the truth, I will not stop my chargeback. I didn't do anything wrong and this mess concerns me and these persons, but
    I can't pay for stuff I didn't buy just because they have been tricked too.

@PlodeZ: would be nice if you give me the chance of unlocking my account, so I can defend myself instead of having people talking to you than me..
    Last edited by Draven; 04-01-2011 at 03:57 PM.

I will read this alittle later when i get some time.

Yes plodez is busy, the reason you were banned is because your account was logged by a well known hacker. But rest assured Plodez will be in contact with you and the matter will be resolved.

Banned

I had the same problem with my account, hackers are targeting higher profile accounts from Carnac-West, probably due tot he incredibly high percentage of babashoppers on the server in comparison to others. Plodez will send you a PM when he's available about setting up a new e-mail to register to your account. I made a new one specifically for ko4life because of this and haven't had a problem since, granted it was only a week ago.

If your passwords, e-mails, or usernames are similar to your ko4life accounts, KO accounts, or paypal, you must always remember to keep them separate. There is a detailed post about keeping your information safe stickied somewhere, but I have to get to work, so I can't look them up for you, but they should be easy to find. Sorry for your loss, and I hope you get your money back through paypal. Keep an eye out on the forums and make sure people don't report your paypal e-mail address as a scammer after charging back as well, since someone else accessed your account and used it. You may want to do a little cross-referencing with the e-mails int he market section as well as the cheaters section to see if you can learn any more information on the scammers/hackers or who they were dealing with.

Again, good luck getting your money back.

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

whoa whoa whoa

the payment to Justin Chastanet for 260$ is the same thing i just reported, it was about 3 days i sold my raptor +8rv to a guy Harun37 and he is doing a charge back.
    Harun37 scammer, paypal chargeback

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[email protected] and if thats you then this just really sucks

please take my name out of that title
    and if u read the topic the msn he was using was [email protected]

idk if that helps you find him at all i tried searching it on facebook and myspace and didnt find anything..

So you are saying some1 hacked your paypal, and spent all this money, and the reason I am gettin charge backed for the 260$ for the raptor +8rv i just lost is because you found out about it and filed the dispute yourself right?
    Last edited by sleven07; 04-01-2011 at 12:51 PM.

I've already contacted PlodeZ to reactivate Uzu's account, he assigned a new email and sent a pw reset email, problem is Uzu hasnt got it yet.
    @ sleven07: check your PM

ps: any mod could remove the 2nd name from the title? Seems like he's a victim too. Thanks
    Last edited by NatGeo; 04-01-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Banned

Can you get any details from Justin Kwan's paypal account? Such as a place of residence, ect. I think you would find that very useful. Or at least I know I would. If you can, feel free to post it here, only need a city/state.

Quote Originally Posted by Painful_Truth View Post
    Can you get any details from Justin Kwan's paypal account? Such as a place of residence, ect. I think you would find that very useful. Or at least I know I would. If you can, feel free to post it here, only need a city/state.
    upon receiving payment or making payment, the registered address to the person will be on the receipt, same as yours will be on his. I imagine the police department will be all over that.

Banned

Awesome news! Get a city/state from the payment receipt and post it here, then the mods can search the suspected ko4life forum accounts by cross-referencing IP addresses, and a report to his local ISP can be made. I would also use the city/state to cross-reference names on facebook, and start adding his relatives to your friends list and let them know what he has done. If you still can't get anything this way, place a phonecall or an e-mail to local authorities in his home town with this information on it. Most ISP's will terminate internet services to individuals if they are using said internet to break the law or steal/scam/commit fraud. However, be warned, the law end of it may be difficult as it clearly states in the ToS that trading items for USD is illegal, so you may be subject to some sort of punishment yourself.

yea i mean also, if the police contacted paypal im not sure if paypal can disclose or not but im sure the guy (Justin Kwan) has either a credit card or bank account linked to it.

i think if u have the address from the paypal receipt, we wouldnt be able to get the IP, unless its on the paypal receipt - then by all means pm us that and lets us check our database to at least figure out which member(if any) has done this. More then likely if the guy is slick enough to hack your account and make fraudelent charges with a paypal account he's smart enough to get around an IP. The simple address provided to the police department would result in a call to the department in the area of the thief( pray its in america as I dont know what other country laws are regarding that). Correspondence between the law enforcement agencies would have to take place if charges are to be given.

p.s. Im sure if the police depart can see its a fraudlent claim they could get warrant issued to get around the disclosure. Creditcard fraud = paypal fraud = a big deal.

Banned

I meant you could figure out the general location of the IP on the forum account if you had a suspect, put the IP into google and check to see if the general location is near the city that the paypal account is registered to. At least that way we can verify on the forums who the scammer is and get him banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Creditcard fraud = paypal fraud = a big deal.
    I would hope so, i would think for stealing $1300 law enforcement could do something with paypals help.

Uzu

Okay, so I've been unbanned by now... still sucks not being able to handle...
    If I knew that a known hacker logged my account on the date I was banned, I'd have changed all my passwords by then, but I thought the ban's reason was the arguing with some ppl in the Offtopic section, although I hadn't use any flames...
    There's no news yet, either from paypal and from the police, but I'll make sure to tell you guys how this all ended.

And thanks again to sleven07 for promising to give me the money back =) <3

Banned

GUYS just saw his msn at the end is "Troisdorf" a train drives to there i think 30-60min
    let me know when u know where he lives and what his name maiden name etc

Uzu

ya troisdorf is my hometown, told you my pp has been hacked, didnt buddy?
    we can meet though, romance and stuff..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast